POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Why are there so few quality polls (based on Florida : President: general election Polls | FiveThirtyEight) of Florida? I would have thought it was getting the fuck polled out of it.

2p2 getting hacked?

I wasn’t aware Florida was publishing official vote counts.

Surely accept my apologies for not knowing this.

I’m pretty sure Trump took a hit in polling in MI when they had their COVID spike earlier in the year. I think any and all local COVID spikes will hurt him. Like I may even take a small gamble on the Dakota’s at like 20 to 1 on PI if the spike gets really bad there. I’d have to look into the polling more.

I am cool with creating a special tropical local called “Abortion Isle” and exiling them all there to live their lives out free from the fear of abortion.

Seems highly likely. The collective overreactions here are quite extreme.

WAAF obv.

5 Likes

This is absolutely fucked up.

5 Likes

A+ MI poll at 1 from NYT/Upshot. They’ve been slightly more pessimistic on Biden than most it’s seemed and have generally had more undecideds in their polls. So they’ll probably post a Biden 47 Trump 42 and this forum will meltdown into the WAAF abyss. For reference theu had 48-40 a little over 2 weeks ago.

4 Likes

I know some recent cross tabs on the youngs were a bit concerning, but I love seeing kids owning their trumper parents.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1320910917186584576?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1320910917186584576|twgr^share_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-18790123871112299823.ampproject.net%2F2010132225002%2Fframe.html

23 Likes

All these poals in WI and MI have to mean good news for PA.

Plus he’s banked a lot of the votes already.

Of course we’re on tilt. We’ve been watching a drunk guy putting half his stack in blind preflop every hand for four years and he’s still got chips, and our democracy is in the middle and he just got a fair floor fired and replaced with one of his pals who hates us.

It’s 6-7.

Good news for fracking!

You know who else this is good news for?

John McCain!

4 Likes

Yeah trust me when I say I’m not judging anyone from giving in to tilt now that we’re getting close. It’s costing me quite a bit of willpower to not go on tilt… but I’m spending that willpower because I know that if I succumb to tilt it’s going to be a really really bad week.

Think about it this way: This is either the worst week for a long time because Biden is about to win (I know the lame duck will be bad, but at least during the lame duck we won’t be anxious about whether we have 4 more years of this shit coming or not) or it’s the best week we’re going to have for a long time because we still had hope. I think I’ll regret any mental position I can take other than cautious optimism that hopefully gives me some downside protection if we lose (I’ve already made my plans for what I’ll do if we lose and made peace with those plans), while keeping the anxiety at bay with a little bit of hope.

I’ve been in this posture for months though. It’s sustainable if not close to ideal. It’s definitely not fun.

2 Likes

Oh I’m totally biting this one later.

I don’t know how the rest of my office is doing it. I suspect none of them are particularly well informed about politics, but…

I’ve now clocked about 17 hours worth of “work”, and have actually only sent about 10 emails and done some meetings tjhat have amounted to about 3 or 4 hours of work in the last 2 days.

Anybody else lose all motivation to get anything done this week?

8 Likes

def, this is nothing compared to next week though

1 Like

i don’t really work much but i didn’t even check on my yesterday sports bets untill this morning. i usually sweat them a bit. i did write like 500 facebook comments fighting with racist Israelis and harvesting likes from the libs. productive days ahead

3 Likes

Try prepping for final round job interviews when you are constantly checking Twitter and UP to see if there are any new poals!

Good news is I will be taken offline a good bit the next 24-36 hours, so that’s like 15-20% of the time left until the election that I’d otherwise be tilting away.

4 Likes