POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Wilder than that is Biden -1 in AZ and +1 in TX.

1 Like

SurveyUSA polls are A, Morning Consult is B/C, so definitely pay more attention to the former.

Harrison +2 in South Carolina from a non-internal poll made me tingle.

3 Likes

Never

5 Likes

Yeah, this.

lol @ Biden saying anything other than what is most advantageous for a general election. Biden needs white boomers in Pennsylvania to vote for him. Imagine Biden going hard for the left right now.

2 Likes

…I meant in principle. :face_with_monocle:

If the right play is to just convince boomers and olds and “independents” then I think there was a better answer that still convinced them and didn’t piss off the left (who we also really want to turn out or at least stay quiet and not raise the issue now).

Trump and the GOP have played this game for years on all sorts of issues. Less substance is more in this case.

Anyway, obviously this is just random posting with a left wing audience. I don’t think there’s anybody that was leaning Biden but is now going to vote Trump because of posts ITT.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1319260797483307008?s=19

16 Likes

For real. Instances of Biden openly stating his genuine intent to do something dumb/awful: numerous. Instances of Biden craftily feigning a milquetoast bipartisan policy while secretly crafting meaningful reform: [FOOTAGE NOT FOUND]. Serious wishcasting in painting this as anything other than Biden saying what Biden’s going to do.

8 Likes

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/smotus/status/1319142601014951936?s=21

Mason own a trailer park?

15 Likes

I have no idea what level Biden is on. The court packing issue is already framed in a way that is incredibly charitable to the GOP, and saying anything about adding more liberal justices is likely a political loser.

Biden is obviously not a genius tier political actor, but his campaign has done a decent job of saying stuff that is broadly popular among the voters he needs. There is just no reason to cater to people like me right now, and Biden will probably suck as President but the alternative is Trump.

1 Like

He said his bipartisan commission will be constitutional scholars which is marginally better than politicians.

Most of us just want to kick Trump out and stop the bleeding.

Hard disagree. Most constitutional scholars are more interested in preserving the institution than anything else. Politicians at least can be convinced somehow to MAYBE make things better.

2 Likes

If SCOTUS is stupid enough to nuke Obamacare, they’re basically going to force court packing.

1 Like

Ya’ll are literally the republicans in 2016 who were talking about how Trump doesn’t actually intend to build a wall or ban Muslims from entering the country, he’s just saying it to drive up turnout.

Can anyone point to a single example of a Democratic candidate publicly committing to a position, and then governing to the left of that position once in office?

And if you guys think the “elect him, then raise hell and push him left” is something that helps assuage strangers on twitter to drive up turnout, that’s great. But it’s fucking insulting to the intelligence of people here that you think that’s a legitimate response. There will be little to no hell raised, and to the extent that it is, it will be treated with scorn and contempt from elected Dems, the pundit class, and #resist twitter, and will be completely ineffective.

7 Likes

14 Likes

Is there really an “if” here? This is a lock with ACB on the court right?

Good news, you can do that without also saying bullshit about the 4d chess Biden is playing or how don’t worry guys we’ll push him left once he’s in office.