Rep or Dem - can you spot who is what?

Clipboard01hj

Dem left… Repub right :point_up_2:

1 Like

Great job NBC

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1316800538072285185?s=21

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/jomalleydillon/status/1316550240216977409

Biden’s campaign manager with a very anti-Vince take.

That’s the right thing for a Biden person to say regardless if it’s true or not. Same thing with Trump people. You can’t trust anything either side says or leaks about their internal polling.

2 Likes

touche

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1316816269572792320

4 Likes

Counterpoint: Biden’s campaign manager is not going to tweet “yeah, we’re dominating, nothing to worry about, everyone relax.”

2 Likes

Now compare that with the expected ratio of dem/repub early voters and get a weighted %.

I did that last week with one of of the polls that came out that showed the breakdown of early/day-of and Trump/Biden. I ended up with a complete Biden blowout. I don’t remember the number, but it was comfortably in the double-digit percentage.

Obviously it was very unscientific, it just used an early poll, and things change but it was a fun exercise.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was good until the “Like a lot closer” part, that makes it seem legit, like a lot more legit.

1 Like

Based on what though? Internal polls? I don’t know why anyone believes that campaigns have these magical “internal polls” that are somehow more reliable than the public polls. Like, we’re getting 30 polls a day right now. Wander over to 538 right now and check out the national polls just from today:

Biden +9 (Morning Consult);
BIden +8 (IBD/TIPP)
BIden +14 (USC)
Biden +12 (Whitman Insight STrategies)
Biden +11 (Marist College, A+ rating)
Biden +11 (NBC/Wall Street Journal)
Biden +13 (University of Masachusetts)
Biden +13 (Edison Research)

Like, the outlier polls right now are the ones that show Biden up only 8 points. I get that this can tighten, but this race isn’t “close” because some bs internal campaign polls say it is.

5 Likes

Nice, that’s nice.

I really, really wonder how Trump would handle a complete blowout. Obviously he’d make up excuses and possibly start a civil war, but how would he feel deep down? Sadly I think he’d never own up to the reality of it and thus never feel the complete dejection I so dearly would love for him to feel.

1 Like

No, I think he would. Remember when he got booed at that baseball game and you could see he had a sad? It’d be like that I think.

1 Like

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE

2 Likes

State polls are all over the place, and they believe the arguments that the ones more favorable to Trump in battleground states have merit. Plus Ds are voting by mail way more than Rs, and mail ballots get thrown out at like a 10% clip w/ no funny business. Plus funny business.

1 Like

Reminder that Biden is currently up 10.5 points nationally in the 538 average, 52.4 to 42. At this time in 2016 HRC was up 6.4, 48.9 to 42.5. At this time last week Biden was up 9.8 nationally. So there’s not really evidence that this is tightening.

1 Like

Would he though, when he’s likely “winning” on election day, then will rant and rave about FAKE BALLOTS forevermore after that? I agree if he got crushed on election day itself. Hope you’re right obv.

(I’m terrible at internetting, oh well).

20 Likes