POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I guess the country has just agreed to ignore our President obviously being an intelligence asset of a foreign country.

Is that like how Don Jr. meets with Kanye? The puppeteer going to advise the puppet?

The framing on mail-in voting has changed, seemingly overnight. Republicans are now pretending like their objection is to “universal mail-in voting” as if there are a bunch of states trying to abolish in-person voting for the November election.

Like Chris Christie is out here talking about all the problems that will happen if unsolicited ballots are sent to every registered voter and it takes 5-10 years to set up this kind of system and Democrats want to do it in 5 weeks!

Even if these objections are valid, is there any state other than Nevada that’s trying to do this, as opposed to simply leveraging/enhancing existing systems of absentee/mail-in voting? It’s just more bullshit to muddy the waters.

3 Likes

Yea i went back and forth with a clown on facebook about this, and he just kept going on and on about how mail in voting is fine in states that already have it setup but it takes years to setup right so we can’t do it. I asked how it would get messed up and never could get any actual reason. Literally just kept saying that when you rush things, it allows for mistakes and fraud…

NJ is sending mail-in ballots to all registered voters.

The Republicans are against it because it is quintessentially anti-Republican to make it easier for more people to vote.

6 Likes

Yea i also mentioned that it might be easier to take republicans in good faith if they didn’t try to actively remove people from voter rolls just because they haven’t voted in the last couple of elections. When i mentioned being registered and then going to vote and finding out you weren’t, someone else was like how hard is it to check that you’re registered? As if having to check before every election that you are still registered is a normal and acceptable thing, fuck this country man.

3 Likes

CA too, although it’s not like they had a chance in hell of winning there anyway.

Yeah, so is CA, but 60-ish% of voters already voted by mail anyway, so it’s not a big leap.

I’ve seen this stupid argument pop up all over in the past day or two, it’s annoying the fuck out of me.

That’s good news, but I guess that explains why Chris Christie is upset.

New Jersey will be the ninth state – plus Washington, DC – to mail all registered voters ballots for the November election.

He also said something like “they can’t even start counting the votes until election day” which is true in many states but definitely not true in many others.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1294685437362155522

If anyone’s curious what the twitter bots are pushing re:USPS, the replies on this have the whole smorgasbord.

Redacted for privacy.

lol at them using inherent contempt but otherwise it looks good

Until my dream of a Biden Bot is fulfilled, this will have to do:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1295074095198023681?s=19

Someone needs to post this in the Corvette owner forum. @goofyballer - you wanna get some bang for your trolling buck - their politics forum makes CP DC look non-partisan.

meant to post here

https://twitter.com/WardQNormal/status/1295052216689016832?s=20

1 Like

That poll is garbage but I’m all for polls that motivate democrats.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Which states did they pick? What is the breakdown per state?

C polls aren’t great i dont think. I could see it being 50/46, which imo is still quite good with several points margin of error.

The bigger issue is the joke of a swing state thing, they poll like 500 something people across like 15 states, and then just add it all together and say thats the polling in those states, its a joke.