POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I’m guessing Texas.

II wonder what even qualifies as “devastating” anymore? I mean this week we’ve gotten Biden +16 GE, Biden +11 FL, etc. Tough to see anythign more devastating than that.

Has to be 20+ or 5+ in Texas.

Honestly, Harrison +2 would be pretty exciting. It’d be like the third poll in a row that shows him up. I think after the Presidential race that’s the race I care about most this cycle. (Since McGrath has no chance)

Harrison +2 would be great, but not sure I’d say it’s “absolutely devastating” when as you mentioned we’ve already got polls showing him leading and it would still be well within the MOE.

Absolutely devastating would be polls showing something like 60 Senators in play.

IS THAT AMY MCGRATH MUSIC?

3 Likes

yeah, espy/mcgrath/jones leading in a poll or two GA seats +5 or better. even a big biden national poll isn’t gonna satisfy that claim after this week

https://mobile.twitter.com/steveschale/status/1315137943284125702

At least one of them appears to be a FL poll, the one guy is apparently a big FL pollster. Speculation is that it’s another Biden +10 or so in FL.

darn, another big FL poll isn’t gonna scare them as we don’t know yet if that’s sustainable for more than orange man bad.

florida isn’t going to be the biggest news. OH is going biden +5.

texas house races are going to be an absolute bloodbath on biden’s coattails

Hopefully it’s one of these reach senate seat states. Texas, South Carolina, Kansas, Alaska, Georgia.

That appears to be one of the polls. Implication is that there are others, but that there are also some that are less impressive. There is a lot of of noise, we’re getting Biden +14’s at the same time that we’re getting Biden +5’s.

Nate Cohn (NYT/Sienna) is in the field in Alaska, he’s been tweeting about it. Alaska has a winnable senate seat and could be a surprise state for Biden in the general. I’m not sure when that poll is scheduled to drop.

Biden +12 in a new Washington Post ABC Poll, 54/42:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-post-abc-presidential/2020/10/10/303b2230-0b1d-11eb-859b-f9c27abe638d_story.html

Poll was taken October 6-9

Lol: 67 percent of voters blame Trump for contracting COVID because he didn’t take appropriate precautions. 67 percent worried that they or an immediate family member will contract the virus. Issue ranks higher than the economy, because of course it fucking does, the election was never going to be “it’s the economy, stupid” during the worst plague in 100 years.

Biden has a 23 point advantage amongst women, and is tied with Trump among men. Biden winning white People with college degrees by 31 points. Brutal poll for Trump…

12 Likes

In Kansas Senate, Bollier(D) +3 came in last week, but from a pollster ungraded by 538. Someone reputable showing Biden +5 or even like +2 in KS would add to the R freak out. (56-36 in 2016)

It would be chef’s kiss delicious if Biden and some Senate Ds had leads in states that the Republicans thought were too safe to bother rigging.

3 Likes

me every time i see new posts itt

23 Likes

those states were thought to be safe because of the rigging.

thing is, voter suppression and gerrymandering only works as long as you are sure the electorate doesn’t change. but as soon as it does, you might be in worse shape than if didn’t try to rig.

1 Like

Pathetic, too. And a little disturbing. But mostly pathetic.

1 Like

I was reading this guy’s wikipedia and I’m astonished that Trump nominated this guy. There was nothing Trumpy about him at all. Must have lied his ass off during the loyalty oath portion of the vetting.

1 Like