POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Ya I was being a bit of smart ass but at some point “favoured” seems a little weak.

BTW I think someone already mentioned the latest model talk, but Nate said if the election were held today the model gives Biden a 95% chance to win and that it’s pretty hard for the model to go further than that.

2 Likes

I asked my old stats professor and he says you’re correct

I caught that Smirconish bit as well. Not only horrible analytically, but absolutely awful in presentation as he repetitively went through the same formulaic comparison for each state.

1 Like

It was journalist malpractice.

smurk is one of those old-guard guys that nate was talking about when he came up with the “a bet is a tax on bullshit” line. dude is totally useless

https://twitter.com/zee100/status/1314931341788688384?s=21

1 Like

Has this been posted yet?

Also, is it sexist? Yes, I think it is.

Seems kind of effective in a sense, though. I know it’s men we need to worry about, not women, but in general I like the idea of giving people permission to quietly forget about a previous mistake.

It’s taken from this:

But her EMMMMMAAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLZZZZ:

Smerkabitch always comes with the most incisive commentary

3 Likes
  1. No with a but;
  2. Yes with an if.

Done.

1 Like

Um ok

Really strange post, I wasn’t posting a word problem, it was more about a cnn commentator comparing the candidate to a virus.

Two of my neighbors had both Trump and Messner signs on their lawns, and this morning both Trump signs were gone.

Thank you, TikTok!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1314920627380391936?s=19

19 Likes

Lot to unpack on this one. Apparently the GOP thinks that anyone gives a shit about immigration in 2020. And why the decent shot of Biden but potato quality Tina Smith? :thinking:

There’s one person in my neighborhood (who looks like a fat ex-cop) that had Trump signs up. He had 2, then there was one that looked like it had been stomped on and now it’s just a Trump flag hanging from a 2nd story window. About 15 Biden signs in the area (PA suburb).

7 Likes

I’m aware of what you were doing. You clearly were not aware of what I was doing.

1 Like

I dunno that I’d call it ‘sexist’ per se, or maybe just that ‘sexist’ is too vague. From the context, you assume it’s a regretted one-night stand, but at the end, it plays more like escape from an abusive relationship. The former I’d defend on the grounds that, well, consider a gender-flipped version. Clearly much much worse, right? So calling that sexist implies an almost Spinal Tap-like understanding of ‘sexism’.

The latter I’d think very distasteful. And I mean, I remember the Bush years and hell, even the Obama years. There was a lot of talk from libs/the left, probably including me, about GOP voters having battered spouse syndrome etc. Definitely not going to draw that comparison these days.

I take your point about effectiveness, though. I had a similar idea, with a series of ads featuring people in MAGA gear watching montages of Trump’s most clownish bits, each ad scored to a different version of this song tailored to the socio-economic coding of the characters in each ad (there’s a surprisingly large and varied number of covers). They’d start out cheerful and happy and gradually become sombre and depressed or something like that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/josiensor/status/1315002123134930945?s=21

The thread is worth reading, olds keep getting sick at the rally

6 Likes