POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

But maybe take a little one week mental vacay from it to come back recharged and ready for some next level WAAFing?

1 Like

4hkpm3

13 Likes

You sure about that?

16 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

In any other quantum reality, a president gets a massive boost if they fall ill. Absolutely batshit crazy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see Biden up, but the Trump self owns never cease to amaze.

I know this an outlier and a temporary bounce. But for shits and giggles, using 538’s lean map, here’s what the map would actually look like if Biden beat Trump by 21 points:

Edit: Whoops, forgot to color VA dark blue, but you get the idea.

10 Likes

need one of these with all map blue and biden double-fist icecream

11 Likes

5 Likes

I think once he’s in power it’ll be time to change from WAAF to some policy hopes like packing the court, universal healthcare, UBI, global warming, etc

All we can do with Trump is say WAAF but with Biden we can push for something good (even if it won’t be as good as if Bernie or Warren were up there)

Also, you don’t even have the flair right now so you can’t give up what you don’t have.

2 Likes

WANAF with Biden. The Supreme Court is about to strike down Obamacare. It’s going to force dems to replace it with something more liberal, along with court-packing & no filibuster to ensure that it gets upheld. I’m pretty confident that a landslide Biden victory gives us at least the “medicare for anyone who wants it” option, and while I get that is not the “medicare for all” that everyone wants, it’s still much better than what we have now.

11 Likes

Great point. I hadn’t really thought through how a 6-3 Supreme Court may force the Dems hand to go for significant legislation rather than nibbling around the edges.

2 Likes

There is a chance the Republican justices are smart enough not to strike it down, but probably not. I mean, there’s a decent chance the Dems blow it even with a huge Senate majority. Feinstein and Manchin are probably hopeless, and the whole exercise assumes Joe is on board. Who knows his actual intentions but he’s still running around talking about how the GOP will compromise once Trump is gone.

1 Like

Yea, you’ve never done the same to others :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly I could see a Gorsuch or Kavanaugh siding with Roberts to uphold it. They weren’t on the court back when it was originally upheld, and they could follow that “precedent.” The argument for why it should be struck down now is colossally dumb, worse than even the first time around.

Edit: To be clear, I’m not saying this will happen. Just that it’s not outside the realm of possibliity. Gorsuch would be the most likely to uphold it along with Roberts and the three liberals I think.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1313608860385640448

8 Likes

Lol I was actually planning on doing something similar later on if these trends kept up.

It’s not easy but Typhoid Donnie found a way.

1 Like

This thread is better than meditation and CBC at controlling my anxiety.

Literally makes me smile and lol regularly.

1 Like