POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Let this be a huge news story. It’s self sustaining. People love being part of something. Standing in line for early voting is a very good story. It’ll make people feel good. I instantly decided to camp out for early voting in Leander when I saw this story. Took me <10 seconds.

9 Likes

Gotta cast that vote against Trump before he kills them with COVID.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when you can differentiate between voters just by looking at them, even when they’re all the same race.

9 Likes

Lines like that make you wonder… Maybe turnout models are way wrong, and we’re going to absolutely and indisputably curb stomp him. Like we’re going to take Texas and South Carolina and Georgia and then we’re going to the White House InsertHowardDeanScreamHere!!!

5 Likes

I mean if we were ever going to… Like somebody tell me that 2020 was fine. For anyone. The wheels are coming off FAST and I think that’s becoming so obvious that the normies are legit scared.

3 Likes

Wish we had it here, I’ll be in person in line 60-90 minutes before polls open on Election Day, P100 mask and all.

3 Likes

Lots of women there too.

1 Like

Probably ponied, but this seems good?

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1306963341429141504

5 Likes

Yeah, I hope this goes wide. I mean, speaking for myself only, seeing this makes me feel a glimmer of hope, and makes me feel more motivated than ever…and Biden himself doesn’t really excite me.

Also, based on the replies here, that seems to be a common reaction.

3 Likes

They should make you wonder, but you should also have a pretty strong prior that no, this isn’t the election when the youngs and the non-voters show up. I wouldn’t be surprised if turnout is a little higher than in 2016, but I’d still be pretty surprised if we hit 2008 levels of turnout at this point.

Between the UP volunteer response and the VA voting lines, right now is the first time I’m not feeling overwhelming dread in several weeks. So much to fade but maybe we’re drawing live.

11 Likes

Pretty sure Trump won white women in 2016. Not but much, but I’m pretty sure he won them.

That’s the demo he’s lost the most absolute ground with probably. He started his time as president having won them so they had a lot of ground to potentially cover but still.

The other thing to bear in mind is that if turnout is way up compared to 2016, we’ll see that in polling. The easiest way to pass a likely voter screen it to say you’ve already voted. If we’re seeing strong early voting like this that indeed indicates higher than normal turnout, we should also expect that the differences between RV and LV models from the same poll should start skewing Dem instead of GOP as they have historically.

2 Likes

Agreed.

This makes me feel like…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1306924158958350336?s=19

13 Likes

Based on exit polls, Trump won white women by almost 10 points in 2016.

Though another study found flaws with the exit polls and think the actual number was closer to 2 points.

Yeah he isn’t winning white women in 2020.

If you’re going to go that absurd, you definitely need to add NE-2. Hell, maybe even NE-1.