POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

Theoretically we could all sign up to text bank at the same time and do a Zoom call, Twitch, a Discord chat or something like that, play some music, keep a tally of how many voters we’ve confirmed/persuaded, etc.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Text banking is so easy once you get a handle of it. And it makes a huge impact for the small amount of effort. I did it in 2016, 2018, and the primaries. Nothing quite like getting a fence sitter to go vote because they forgot, or being a small part of a random senate/Congress victory. When Andy Kim beat an incumbent Republican by 1.3% in 2018 I literally jumped up and down I was so excited. Not because I particularly loved Andy, but because I sent several hundred texts on his behalf.

Maybe we can do a team challenge where we set a goal for cumulative number of texts/calls made by UP members. Either just as a motivator and to track how much of an impact we make, or we can split into teams and make it a challenge, although I kind of like all being in it as one.

7 Likes

Joe Biden having a drive in town hall. Must have been a security nightmare

y’all are speaking my language now.

I think I’ll start a thread.

5 Likes

“He kneeled like a thirsty alter boy.”

I know Andy Kim IRL, and I was really stoked when he won, so thank you for putting in the work :+1:

4 Likes

Disappointed that someone is not reporting this. (I know that’s selfish since I’m not volunteering.) I watched a few minutes. Wasn’t too inspiring. You could see he had talking points that he would shoehorn into his answers. Was meandering. He supports fracking.

I’ve been watching. I think this is going about as well as it could for him. Should play well with the type of swing state voter he is trying to win, especially in PA.

Awesome, he seems like a genuinely good person and I was happy to volunteer for his campaign. Was thrilled when he won a race most thought he had little shot at.

1 Like

Now Joe is somehow telling the longest most boring story of the night.

https://twitter.com/reborn_vlad/status/1306576182880669696

4 Likes

me 30 seconds in

Summary

6 Likes

lol, it’s really not as bad as everyone thinks. All you need to do is make ONE call and you’ll realize it’s not all that.

1 Like

Andy Kim beating Tom MacArthur was so deserved. That roast Tom got on that one town hall has to be the GOAT town hall moment. Funny how Republicans have pretty much stopped doing town halls since 2018. I know my congress critter stopped.

11 Likes

Oh I know, I’ve banked before; I was alluding to the existential helplessness that will subsume us all.

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen that before but that was amazing and every town hall with a republican should have something similar done.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1306669791701237764

6 Likes

I banked for Hilldizzle because I thought (still do?) 2016 was what people are saying 2020 is.

It might be semantics but trump actually winning was the destroyed democracy; now it’s trying to superglue the pieces back together.

13 Likes

one time?

7 Likes