POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1304169902182465536?s=19

I’m not sure if that sentiment helps or hurts him with the people who know who he is.

1 Like

Hell yea

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1304197440174784513?s=21

5 Likes

wat

@BestOf

2 Likes

Some here might consider me moderate. 2018 was my first party line vote. I will never vote for anyone in the GOP right now as long as I live. They towed the line for this, so they are dead to me. I have friends right of me on the political spectrum who say the same thing.

Yep. I’m sort of getting mine, but I’m about to risk my health to keep it because not having it is a threat to my health too.

I have friends who have been forced to leave this country by the policies of this administration. Friends who, by the way, are more idealistic about the good of America then most Americans despite being progressive. But they have scary last names and brown skin, so they don’t get the opportunities they want. This enrages me. I will never vote for anyone who supported the party and the man who took that from them. No tax cut, no amount of money, no policy can rival the desire I have to see them handed their pink slips by voters.

I have friends being forced back to work or working in less safe jobs because of the pandemic. My best friend’s wife is like 8 weeks backlogged on receiving her unemployment benefits. She’s a teacher, she’s terrified to teach in person. I gave her some KN-95s yesterday. I will never vote for anyone who supported the party and man who wanted to send her back and put that worry and anguish on her and my friend.

I have a friend who lost his net worth paying his dying mother’s medical bills because insurance wouldn’t cover the treatment that might save her. Then he lost his business from the pandemic, and his side hustle. So he drove Uber, caught covid, and 4-5 months later he still has symptoms. I will never vote for anyone who supported the party that allowed all that to happen to people in the richest country on this planet.

My 71 year old dad is bowling weekly in his league. 50 people, most not wearing masks, he took his off. A couple weeks ago he was mocking anti-mask people. Now he thinks he’s safe, and keeps denying that if he gets it my 72 year old mom will too. I will never forgive the monsters pushing bullshit that made him feel safe to do that, whether he gets lucky and avoids it or not.

The GOP is dead to me. There is nothing they can do to ever get my vote.

8 Likes

Motherfucker

4 Likes

Lol. You wanna bet?

1 Like

I think society has gotten less conservative over the past several decades, so if people stay the same they could be left wing in society at 25 and right wing at 55.

The whole idea that people get conservative as they get older is largely predicated on the idea that they will have wealth and status as they get older. Gen-Xers are in their 40’s paying off student loan debt, I really doubt Millenials are going to be on a “fuck you, I got mine” tip when they hit middle age.

6 Likes

My answer would be no because even if the likelihood of getting caught is low, the damage to the cause is massive in rhetoric they are gifted.

I agree, but with a more overtly and aggressively racist leader. So not as bad as Nazi Germany, hopefully, but worse than Russia.

I will be phone/text banking after I move. I’ll probably donate, too.

Yeah I prefer in person but oh well, I’ll suck it up and deal with my phone shyness. The great irony is that I used to broadcast to thousands of people with minimal nervousness, but calling someone on the phone makes me uncomfortable. Weird.

He’s pandering for money, not votes.

Put us down for +1 versus 2016 when I was lame and lived in a solid blue state.

No chaos, Trump wins.

How you got that? Wealth is more concentrated. Unions are squished. Wars aren’t even challenged anymore. The troops and cops are publicly lionized. We got neo-facists running wild now. We got MAGA.

Man, the Koch bros really got their $$$ worth with their whole “fiscal conservative social liberal” propaganda crap.

Discriminating against black folk doesn’t make you a “conservative”, it makes you an “intolerant”. Standing up as an ally with black folk doesn’t make you a “liberal”, it makes you “tolerant”.

Have things gotten more tolerant in the last few decades? Sure, in some ways a lot. Have things gotten less conservative? Hell no… the boot is on our necks harder than it’s ever been.

5 Likes

I said society, not policy, for starters. A lot of what you listed is unpopular, but the 1%ers pay the politicians on both sides to make it policy.

The chance of getting caught is zero. If you need to… make it a thought experiment: imagine the chance is zero. And… I’d like you (and everyone else) to chime in on my other two possibly “created” votes. Votes that although technically legal, are completely illegitimate. To summarize, I could ‘create’…

• (1) vote which is legitimate, but technically cheating (but impossible to catch).
  • (2) votes which are completely illegitimate, by technically not cheating.

What should I do? By the IDM (Idiot Donkey Model), this is a like 3.0 votes here folks !!!1!

Ding, Ding. Ding, we a have a winner… chicken dinner !!!1!

1 Like

It would have to be a thought experiment, because that’s not possible in real life. Your other examples are too vague to figure out. I’ll put it this way, if you gave me the power to distribute 1,000,000 votes anywhere in the country in this election with zero chance of getting caught, I would face a very difficult decision…

…on optimal allocation.

Seems like people are using the word “pandering” differently than I do. Pandering, imo, is what he’s doing for votes. It’s lying. It’s taking a position now that he has no intention of following through on. What is done for the bankers is not pandering, it’s serving.

5 Likes

This is not exactly the question, but if I could make my vote count in Pennsylvania instead of California and have no chance of getting caught I would surely do that and not think there was the slightest thing wrong about doing it.

1 Like

IDK about that. I’d judge a society’s lack of conservative-ness by how much they push back. Do we push back like the Eight Hour movement did in the 1800s? LOL no, that’s unthinkable now. Do we push back like WW1 was opposed, the Flint Sit-Down Strikes in the 1930s, the anti-Vietnam War movement? Again… LOL no, that’s all unthinkable now. Today, instead, MAGA and adjacent is our defining demographic.

1 Like

For all intents and purposes you could, but it wouldn’t be free and it’s too late. ETA: I’m also not advocating for this.

This is an example of an illegitimate vote…

Sometimes this is legal, sometimes it is not. My example is legal, but just as illegitimate.

No. I’m not talking about 100000 hypothetical votes from cats. I’m only talking about these three real life votes that I can surely ‘create’ in CA: One legitimate but cheating, two illegitimate but technically legal. There is no way I’d get caught.