Post your political compass results

Our essential point is that Left and Right, although far from obsolete, are essentially a measure of economics. As political establishments adopt either enthusiastically or reluctantly the prevailing economic orthodoxy — the neo-liberal strain of capitalism — the Left-Right division between mainstream parties becomes increasingly blurred. Instead, party differences tend to be more about identity issues. In the narrowing debate, our social scale is more crucial than ever.

Why stop at arguing whether you are further to the left than your neighbor when you can also argue whether it’s okay to be an authoritarian?

1 Like

Is this flat earth representation or a globe? Cause I think you went so far left you ended up back on the right.

2 Likes

1 Like

This has been done so many times here now.

2 Likes

13 Likes

How about neither Imperialism nor Colonialism? I mean…these aren’t opposites.

I know some people are very opinionated there, but I really see it as a personal preference.

6 Likes

Not bad for a “moderate”

2 Likes

I have always thought I am pretty decently to the left. I have been called a moderate here before. That’s why I put moderate in quotes.

I think the main difference between me and many of this forum is I am willing to bend on my ideals in the name of pragmatism. I also think I am fairly pro-capitalism (under EXTREMELY tight regulation) compared to others here, in a way that probably does not get captured by the questions that were asked in this survey.

For instance, the questions were basically like “do you think companies should be evil?” To which it’s like, lol no. But there is more nuance there to my position that probably gets me called a moderate.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, the broad brush questions basically dump almost everyone here into a very narrow area of that chart. It’s barely worth doing imo.

1 Like

I think it’s good to sometimes point out that we’re all basically on the same side. It’s something that often gets lost, not just among us, but among liberals in general.

1 Like

How dare you call me a lib!

2 Likes

I’ve also been a foot soldier for the democrat party so that alone would get me labeled as a filthy moderate, I think. And I volunteered for a congressional candidate that used to be a republican (one who I dont particularly care for that much but for this district he’s got the votes and he reliably votes blue).

1 Like

1 Like

This whole X/Y axis quiz is just an interactive version of the stupid,stupid,stupid Libertarian Nolan Chart propaganda. It’s all garbage in, garbage out. It clearly doesn’t make a lick-o-sense.

We should, as well informed UnStuckers, be able to come up with our own visualizations, instead of goofing with this RWNJ crap over and over again.

I’ll submit that an X/Y based on a axis of (attitudes toward hierarchy) -vs- an axis of a (attitudes towards spirituality) while perhaps still stupid, would be orders of magnitude more informative, useful at least to us, and more entertaining.

ETA: here’s my Nolan Chart.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of us are extremely similar here… It would have been interesting to do this on 22 just for the lols.

1 Like

I would accept hypothetical results if you think you can answer the questions as a hypothetical other poster from 22 would answer :face_with_monocle:

TS - bottom right hand corner.

1 Like