Post a photo of where you are

Same pier, different angle:

6 Likes

Intracoastal near where I grew up:

2 Likes

There’s a cool beach near where I grew up that has a very shallow slope to the water, so the receding waves leave a wide sheen of water that creates reflections like a giant lake:

5 Likes

One more from that beach:

7 Likes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CAPrp9RtKr0/XeVO85N86HI/AAAAAAAACmM/QFKafb1W9gMbc3jt0t9eJvPNrhGqQaydwCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-12-02.jpg

3 Likes

Going to cheat a little and post a pic of where I was 3 1/2 years ago…just because it was so random

1 Like

2 Likes

That looks a lot like my childhood kitchen…

If you can afford the rent this place is like the Truman Show.

1 Like

My good buddy grew up in the town where the Truman Show was filmed.

Today’s hike brought me to an Indian mound, made roughly 2,000-2,800 years ago. There are many of these across the Midwest. Almost nothing is known about the people who made them or why they were made. When winter comes, it is a primo spot for adventurous children to sled down.

The view from the top is not so spectacular.

10 Likes

One in the eye for people who say USA#1 has no history.

1 Like

Not to quibble with this cool photo but we know nearly everything about who made them, we know why, their social structures, religion, economic system, trade networks, games they played etc, I have a gigantic 6 by 7 foot mural on my wall right now of what Cahokia would have looked like at its prime.

3 Likes

? Those people are hundreds of miles away from where I took my photos

I don’t know where you are exactly but it’s all part of the same Mississippian Culture Period.

The mounds are super cool just not really much of a mystery.

In case you don’t know, pre-Columbian society in North America is in Clovis’ wheelhouse.

Hence the name, Clovis.

5 Likes

I’ve visited quite a few times, cool little spot great beaches

1 Like

Went on a hike in the back country of Big Cypress National Preserve yesterday. Big Cypress is a real special place. If you’re a little bit adventurous, you can find some beautiful, majestic places that very few people have ever set foot in. Yesterday I picked a Cypress dome out on the horizon, hiked to it and was treated to a very surreal experience.

12 Likes

4 Likes