Police Murder George Floyd Then Riot Nationwide (Links to Streams in OP)

That’s basically what I said:

FWIW, she doesn’t know that I’m an atheist. Or, at least, I’ve never explicitly told her. Regardless, it’s pretty revealing that she told me she didn’t believe that I would curse the Koran. The only affinity I have toward that religion is in the context of keeping Muslims from facing discrimination and violence for their beliefs here. The fact that she thinks I would care more about the Koran/Islam than Christianity give a glimpse into how evangelicals think of liberals. She doesn’t have any understanding my views at all, nor does she try to understand them, she just projects and assumes I’m lying.

3 Likes

they all got charged for aggravated assault today

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1267899109471588352?s=20

5 Likes

I just drove through Hermosa Beach by my house. Lots of stuff boarded up. No idea if things went down there or just store owners being paranoid. There were no signs of damage so I’m guessing the latter.

Just to show the same sort of bullshit exists to some extent everywhere, there was a demonstration earlier in Paris about Adama Traoré, who suffocated while being arrested in 2016 (he was murdered, but we’re currently on about the 7th autopsy). The police banned the demo beforehand because of COVID, though other demonstrations have taken place since restrictions were eased.

(Historical note, while the fascist rhetoric never reached Trump levels then Macron also responded to protests by criminalising them, and the French police have long been tear gas enthusiasts.)

Anyway, here’s the scene at the height of the protest earlier. At some point the police moved in, gas was used and now a part of the main orbital road is blocked by protesters. It has only made French news channels as the standard ‘idiots riot, police have to crack some heads’ story.

https://twitter.com/noracharef/status/1267904265349144580

2 Likes

Thank god. That is brutal.

This seems pretty significant tbh. That’s a huge crowd

1 Like

spitballing … could it be that she’s equating “cursing the koran” with that thing where they get all upset and kill you thing.

I think her point was he is ok dogging christians but will tiptoe around muslims.

1 Like

Yes and no. It is a big crowd but it won’t change anything here, at least for now. There’s been massive demonstrations against the government and the police met with force for years now.

Comfortable, middle class, well-meaning white women keeping our eye on the prize, as always…

https://twitter.com/rosadona/status/1267826828602798081?s=19

Yeah, this was how I took it.

probably the latter. I wish you all could see my local FB groups (I live in a place the looters will never bother with). I posted some examples above, but there are tons of posts like those. It is both hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Fucking Trumpkins all posting breathlessly about how “they” are coming, we need to defend our town, they can’t be from here, good Ramona residents would never do this…all for 10 ppl standing on our one busy corner holding signs.

Even worse is the FB group that popped up 5 days ago called “Defend East County” that already has 16k members and it’s all “2nd Amendment” people…I’m sure you can imagine how that’s going.

Anyone else questioning the wisdom of putting the police in charge of managing protests that are directly protesting the behavior of those very same police?

8 Likes

the rest of her feed seems pretty good and this is a decent point

1 Like

Sorry this is 'Merica and I want chicken wings. If some bike courier gets shot with rubber bullets or tear gasses on the way to my house he should pick himself up by his bootstraps and get a better job.

2 Likes

that’s right

if this was “a few bad apples” it wouldn’t be every single city in the fucking country

also, the saying is “one bad apple spoils the bunch.” none of these supposed good cops are stopping the violent maniacs among them, so how good can they be?

1 Like

Just went to the supermarket and it was boarded up and mobbed. It’s closing early and Walgreens was already closed. Then went to the hardware store and saw some people wearing “Italian Press” vests getting their equipment set up.

So it seems like there might be something afoot in Glendale, CA.

Sure, she’s not wrong and her audience probably does consist of a lot of people who probably needed to hear it. I guess that I’m just not in a place where the thought of ordering delivery tonight while I can literally see troops outside my window would have ever crossed my mind, so I found it amusing. Plus, I find that mocking my fellow “lesbian dirtbags” (from her twitter bio) helps me interrogate some of my own blindspots.

5 Likes

Update to my brother the “I’m just asking questions” guy

Questions like “if he couldn’t breathe how did he talk”

I linked him to the full video mash up of the murder. He responds with

" that is fucked up. Even after calling ems they still don’t get off him. "

Yeah dude. That’s why we are rioting.

34 Likes