Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

GG, good sweat.

2 Likes

Especially his 4th place finish!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately that bet doesnā€™t prove whether or not he sucks no matter who won.

Obviously. :roll_eyes:

For who?

I donā€™t think anyone was suggesting his not getting top three in one series was dispositive of him being good or bad. Basic sample size.

I mentioned this before but Platt is very obviously annoyed by this bit that actively fucks with his job. Doing an admirable work handing it with fake ease

https://twitter.com/jeffplatt/status/1814345615884918793

1 Like

Poker players who have luck superstition baffle me. Itā€™s like the idiotic $50 thing. How the same brain can hold complex ICM calculations while simultaneously thinking the cards magically change by some unknown force because you had a conversation with the wrong guy just breaks my brain.

Its not that they actually think it. Deeb is an asshole in the sense that heā€™s willing to inflict a much larger amount of discomfort on someone for his amusement than most people would.

Once deeb ran with this gag other did as well and dumber people took it somewhere between seriously and thinking its a form of showing youre in the know

2 Likes

Sure. But in DNegs blog this year someone gave him a $50 and wouldnā€™t touch it like it was toxic.

Sl

1 Like

And in case anyone is wondering how sorry Dominik Nitsche is for running sims and showing them to Tamayo during play (and winning 25% of the main event top prize) ā€“

grunching but Dom had a big peice of him.

Yeah, which makes it even worse

Now heā€™s going after our national treasure - Alan Keating.

https://x.com/DominikNitsche/status/1814085851175063842

lol Playing a fun and loose style to keep people with money entertained enough to stick around is the epitome of playing poker the right way and what everyone has been begging these computer nerds to do for 15 years.

1 Like

This laptop thing is hands down the single dumbest poker controversy of all time. Not enough LOLs on earth.

why? it was explicitly said no solvers are allowed during tournaments. Tamayo was literally walking there to look at it numerous times.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a huge deal, but someone should def have stepped in and stop it.

1 Like

scully

Totally fine to be feeding your opponentā€™s hands into a solver in real time.

thereā€™s no ā€˜real time assistanceā€™ here, you donā€™t know your opponent hand. But using solvers in between hands isnā€™t allowed either.