Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

yeah i’m kristen foxen

6 Likes

I knew you were a P.O.S.

sure but my hubby is hotter than yours

4 Likes

Idk he gives me the creeps

It would be huge news, but I don’t think it’s going to increase fossilkid’s BB/100 to a significant extent.

Maybe not, but it’s not just that it could bring more woman into the sport, it’s that it gets the winner out in the public in a way not seen since 2003. I can’t name a ME champ since Cada and that was 15 years ago. Combine the largest field ever with the first woman champion and it will enter the news cycle.

People similar to me from the 2003 wave may step foot in a local card room again or startup/join a home game. It’s good for the game even if it’s just a brief bump.

I’m not sure why this year’s WSOP caught my attention, but I’ve donked off some old money I had sitting on ACR. I’ve also been checking some local card room schedules and purchased some chip samples to look into a decent home game setup. I have much more disposable income now than I did as a teenager during the first wave.

1 Like

There have been a lot of huge names to have won the main recently if youre paying a little attention to poker

I haven’t been paying attention, I don’t know them. That’s what I was saying.

I’ve semi been paying attention and don’t know them either, besides Aldemir. I’ve been an online pro for 2 decades and will tune into about 10 hrs of WSOP coverage each year on average, but usually ignore final tables unless there’s someone I care about (almost always there isn’t).

I’ll probably tune in this year b/c Lena/Kim/Foxen have piqued my interest, unless they all happen to go out tomorrow, but they’re on pretty healthy stacks so hopefully not.

This has overall been the best wsop in a very long time. FT shaping up to be great too.

The massive issue that needs to be addressed is pace of play. It’s absolutely brutal. People tanking for 2 min to call a min raise getting like 8:1 100bb deep. This has to be stopped.

Vogelsang who is the slowest player on earth is chip leader in $50k no idea why players don’t call a clock on him in every single hand of every mtt. I would.

What I don’t understand is, don’t the top players want to play as many hands as possible? By slowing it down to about a dozen hands an hour, you’re practically turning it into a turbo structure and giving amateur players a better chance of cashing b/c lots more variance.

If I ever went deep in one of these, I’d be tempted to cover up like Yang did w/mask and hoody and just stay completely motionless while these tools study me for 10 minutes trying to see even the most minute reaction.

Online MTT players can make quick decisions, why not live MTT players? Institute a shot clock or some type of chip penalty where for every minute over 1 that you take, you sacrifice 1 BB from your chip stack. Of course you can have a time bank for big decisions, but I don’t see why many of these decisions for relatively small pots need to take minutes.

2 Likes

It’s just a case of most people just doing what you are “suppose to do” because they see others doing it. Like 10% of people tanking are actually running through a deep decision tree. The other 90% are thinking about donuts or some shit and just waiting for the “acceptable” time to elapse that they look “pro”.

For the pros, I think they are sometimes running actual decision trees and the others times they are taking balance way too far. I like Foxen’s pace of play. She seems to take a little time to think but not too long.

Shot clock seems like the obvious choice but I am not really sure how that would work in a 10,000 person mtt with a shit load of totally rookie dealers.

All of the high rollers had a shot clock so vogelsang speed isnt an issue.

1 Like

Ya just when he plays regular events.

lol Isai not inducted into hall of fame again. So lame.

10:1 she gets invited to The View

2 Likes

Brutal bustout for 18th in the main, 66 vs AK AIPF, board runs out JJ757. lol donkaments.

3 Likes

Ya that is a real :face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

I can’t even imagine the cringe questions too. :flushed:

1 Like

“So Kristen, you won ten MILLION dollars by winning the Main Event, but how much did you lose?”

5 Likes