Poker News and Live Streams - Ivey wins 11th Bracelet

123 in Laughlin, but it only feels like 117. Warmer tomorrow lol

Thatā€™s getting close to where jewelry will burn your skin.

Yesterday multiple people on Reddit posted pictures of their melted window blinds.

Maybe you guys can join literally the entire rest of the world some day :grin:

11 Likes

When I was in Vegas last winter, I stayed at Vdara, ate often at the Cosmo food court, and played poker at Bellagio, all without having to go outside. I could imagine doing the same thing in the height of summer.

I was surprised that the prices are higher now than in January. I guess a lot of people either donā€™t mind the heat if they can play in a pool, or they plan to sleep all day.

I walked from Caesarā€™s to the Rio in August once. Donā€™t recommend.

1 Like

So many people tried this during wsop over the years.

Itā€™s a dry heat

4 Likes

My uneducated hot take is that we are wasting so much energy on not covering our fucking windows. Keep sun off them, from the outside, in summer. Add layers to them in winter. Itā€™s not difficult, but people seem to not get it

Motherfuckers will have environmentalist slogans on signs in their yard, and their windows are completely exposed 24/7/365 and I have to figure itā€™s some kind of aesthetic choice? Like Iā€™m even talking no blinds or curtains in big blue city single family homes. The closer to city center and the older the neighborhood, the higher the frequency

The Rio looks so walkable from the strip and then 20 minutes into it you realize youā€™ve made a huge mistake.

4 Likes

I never have to use AC in the summer because I never let sunlight into my place.

Negreanu final table would be so epic.

1 Like

2p2 shoutout!

I saw a lot of that in Switzerland, heavy metal blinds that rolled down over windows on the outside.

1 Like

At my house (rented, roommates) we have these thick white canvass shades outside the windows to pull down over sun-facing windows in summer

Iā€™ve been lobbying for much thicker drapes than we currently use in winter. And on the hottest afternoons in summer. We have no A/C but can vent air up from the basement

Like this is how people did 100 years ago and 1000 years ago. It makes too much sense to do now. Just use energy to condition the air, poors

https://twitter.com/NickSchulman/status/1810176986628903154

:expressionless:

Edit: Hereā€™s the full interview segment.

https://twitter.com/tragicpoker/status/1810185895448035456

1 Like

Really should no better than to interview a guy dressed like that.

He almost certainly had AQ at best, right?