Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Any buzz around what Polk and company are going to do with the Lodge? I would expect the rake and player perks to be very player friendly.

Doesn’t the Lodge already have the lowest hourly rate ($10) in Austin? I’m not sure how or why they would make the room any more player friendly.

The underground room I used to play at in Portland, ME before COVID was a 10% to $4 Max, with free snacks/drinks and occasional hand promotions (with no extra drop).

Since the dealers work only for tips, I’m sure the owner still makes out fine.

1 Like

In Oklahoma home games, they take $10 at 1/2 & 5/5 PLO. At Texas before the card rooms, I heard $25-$100. California, at this big game in Palm Springs where a bunch of guys I play with would go, it was $200 at 10/25 plo.

No idea. Quite the drive for me to make it down there. I’m content doing Dallas once or twice a week while it lasts.

$200 rake!!! Wtf. How would someone beat that even at 10/25.

That is like a $16 rake at 1/2 right.

They would be taking like $3000+ off the table every hour!!

It’s a recreational game for the super rich. There are some astronomical rakes in private California games. I’m sure the same is true in NY.

1 Like

More rake is better for keeping out the pros. For the guys with FU money who just want to have fun gambling, raising the rake is what they should do to protect their games.

I think I read that 1BB/hand was a common rake in private Cali games.

Beatable with deep stacks and multiple straddles so the game isn’t really 10/25.

150K pot on the Hustler stream between Nick V and Chris!

guessing Nick had AA?

It was 66 vs J10s, interesting hand!

God in heaven, if you’re up there, make it so Nick lost.

1 Like

Nick raised with 66, Chris 3bet with J 10 clubs. Flop was 652 with two clubs. Nick checked, Chris bet 6k, Nick min raised and Chris called. Turn was 7 of clubs, Nick check called a significant bet from Chris. River was a 5, Nick made a small bet of 9K, Chris raised to about 35, then Nick shoved for 17 more. Chris was getting 7 to 1 but folded after about 10 minutes. I think he lost 100K tonight.

1 Like

No god, got it.

I watched this off and on when it was on live. I picked up on none of that cheating, but it’s obvious on review. I like to think I’m pretty observant playing live, but maybe not so much.

1 Like

I dunno, protect your cards dude. If I’m playing 1/2 against a newbie I’ll spot them one warning that I’ve seen their hand but at 10/20 if you expose your hand I’m 100% looking and using the info. If I was live on the internet I think I’d be a but more subtle about it but still.

Love that a reference to Limon’s 2009 thread was first comment.

Garrett and Dylan face each other tonight for the first time since last Friday, when Dylan put a vicious slow-roll on him.