Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Who is Kym? A friend of Lynne?

Edit: not any more after that hand.

tell me you got nbz blocked without telling me you got nbz blocked.

3 Likes

This is a bit concerning bc I used to massively multitable long hours for a year or 2. I probably only put in like 10% of the volume Dusty did, but I’m sure it wasn’t great for my health. Luckily I realized it was stupid and now only 6-8 table max 5 hours a day.

1 Like

I haven’t watched as i was too busy playing so bad in a live session people thought i was reza, but i saw that Gal lost a shitload on LATB. Like 200+

Anyone play poker in Houston?

https://twitter.com/HoldemMedia_Dan/status/1466971130686627847?t=O0kRFhYzcy3jlL0KGk1bPQ&s=19

Interesting. I know when I was in Houston I thought his place was supposed to be a PLO hotspot and then I looked on poker atlas and there was like 3 tables running. All the action went to another nearby club, but I never really heard what went down.

This is what I’ve heard.

Early this summer, they were called 52 social and had 3+ 5-5-10 games every day and a shit load of 1-3, plus the occasional 25-25-50. Then they sold to Johnny Chan’s group and changed the name to 88 social. Supposedly the old ownership had some sort of financial issues with the management (this is totally hearsay). There were also some scummy people there and once our game was paused while they checked chips because someone had made their own black chips.

Things stayed the same until after I left, then a couple months ago, the old owners opened up Legends right across the street and started a rake/promotion war that took a large chunk of the playerbase. At some point, 88 had enough of a cash flow issue that they were limiting chip withdrawals to lol2k per day. This obviously accelerated their decline and anyone holding 88 chips after that kinda had it coming.

Are a lot of people just not cashing in chips every session or did a lot of people get left holding cuz of the 2k policy?

I don’t have any real knowledge of the situation, but, particularly the higher stakes players, hold chips for convenience and to not have to deal with 10k reporting.

Well I have always heard Johnny Chan is an asshole, so him being part of a scummy group wouldn’t be all that surprising

Made day two of a local MTT. 27 left. $16k up top.

Wish me luck!

8 Likes

GLGLGLGLGLGL

1 Like

There’s some decent Twitch streaming today. Spraggy and Tonkaaaa both in the Stars Big20 5M guaranteed with 20K bounties on their heads which is absurd for a 55$ mtt

How does this lineup look?

https://twitter.com/JenniferTilly/status/1467576251716018183

2 Likes

I thought Bryn was taller than that

LOLKRISH

Got 2nd for $10,600.

23 Likes

Congrats sir. Thought about going to the circuit events in Jan, but a new car and engagement ring this month weren’t cheap.

2 Likes

Is that JRB on the left?

Grats bud

1 Like