Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Yeah I was just thinking I’d prefer a turn jam to that checkdown. it’s an overbet, but the pot is big, and you have a set. I can see being scared of exactly KK that slowed down on the flop, but it’s hard to imagine JJ doing so on such a draw-heavy flop. The pot is already substantial and worth adding to your stack / guarding against the risk of losing it, and the % of hands you have to genuinely worry about are rare compared to the draws or more marginal hands that check/called.

Not sure that’s right but it makes sense to me at first thought.

Holy shit Onikul / Aldemir

Lol fuck around out of position against the chip leader with J2s and the poker gods will punish you with the cruelest river.

I didn’t see the action til they picked it up with the turn check raise so I don’t know what happened before then (and I don’t want to risk getting spoiled by looking it up on PokerNews), but bloating the pot OOP with a draw against the chip leader does feel like a good plan for committing ICM suicide.

Min raise from sb pf then they lead 1/4 otf

He check called the flop, then c/r the turn.

1 Like

Misread it first time

Never mind, action was different

Actually, leading the turn might not be bad. Trying to get stacks in against the chip leader when you’re that deep is ICM suicide though unless you have the stone nuts. He had like 70 BB to start the hand, right?

Aldemir’s turn bet was pretty sizable, right?

Who came up with this structure?
The jump from 10th to 9th is ridiculous.

He bet 5.8m on the turn and other dude raised to 14

Yeah, I thought it was over 5. What was that relative to the pot? Big blind was still 600k, right?

Correct.

1 Like

Uhh okay maybe the camera was wrong and repeated a card but they just showed Remitio open folding KK

Made the mistake of following some poker players on twitter. Antivax rage tweeting. Oops. Unfollowed.

1 Like

Thanks. And yeah I can see a c/r if he’s making another weak stab and you think it’ll work now, but that must have been pretty large relative to the pot, so I would not be looking to inflate the pot from there.

Interesting play by Holmes, definitely some zany ICM potential there, but I can see trying the 3-bet once. And then of course he got a good runout (and didn’t unnecessarily bloat the pot).

You hate Ali and Maria but love Norm. 🤷

He prefers Norm’s geography quizzes.

1 Like

I don’t hate them but they would start telling a story and just ignore the action for large stretches of time. Lon is a consummate pro who never forgets his primary purpose.

I’m gonna root for the black guy.

Goddammit Poker Go. 36 down to 9 is my favorite poker of the year. Final table is always a bit anti-climactic to me. Everyone is a millionaire already. But the bubble to final table is where the nuts get in a vice.

Of course I wasn’t going to stay up until 6am or w/e - planned to watch it all day today while I worked. They still don’t have it up for some reason. I sent an email and got a quick reply that it will be up soon. But that was this morning.