Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

prana was referencing matusow but i do wonder how much Moneymaker lost in actual buyins (clearly he didnt pay for most cause pokerstars). I think he’s probably at the top of all time losers since 2003, at least not including high rollers.

I’d bet on Money being close to even post-ME win. Doesn’t strike me as the type of guy who would keep going if he were bleeding money and he seems solid enough to do ok in softer events.

1 Like

Booked

I mean it’s not really debatable. He has 1.4m in total winnings since the main event, that’s over 18 years. He used to play every single 10k, including EPTs and shit on Isai’s dollar.

lol really?

he could be +ev in the main and he could have improved over the last year or so studying. He was flying to every major tournament after the main and he def wasn’t “studying” back then. He didn’t lose the money cause he wasn’t putting up the money himself so it’s not like he was losing his daughter’s tuition

2 Likes

OK that was not great from Money lol

And what was the lady thinking on that bluff a couple hands prior? Weird ass posturing too that kinda gave away her strength.

Wasn’t he only doing that for 5ish years really? And there weren’t a ton of 10ks back then.

Average of 100k/yr in buyins seems slightly high.

I never understood why you get to take like 2-3 minutes every decision and then a 8-10 river tank when there’s a big decision.

Maybe it’s the online player speaking in me, but I have to make my decisions in like 20 seconds and get 1 time bank of like 4 minutes that doesn’t replenish. I think it should be similar for live guys.

Last big MTT I played was the EPT Malta in 2017 and it was already pretty brutal back then with the random GTO bots taking exactly 17 seconds every preflop decision (even trivial ones) and other dudes taking 2-3 minutes on many decisions. If it’s annoying to me, then I’m sure it turns off a ton of casuals. I’m a live MTT noob though so maybe I’m off base.

agree with you the tanking is a total joke, let’s waste minutes to do the same thing we were gonna do in 30 seconds, great fun game we’re having

I get that there are some scenarios in the main that might take a few minutes on the river but that’s about it–people tank way too much.

1 Like

I would take the over easily on 100k buy ins a year for Moneymaker for the 10 year period after main event win.

I’ve heard this from people who then tell me they base everything on feels and shit. I just don’t know what you’ve seen of his playing that would think he’s +EV ever. Maybe he is but his televised hands are not proof.

yeah not particularly close

for the record i’m not hating on him. i don’t think he ever claimed to be something he wasn’t and he got the most out of the pokerstars deal

2 Likes

moneymaker isn’t broke, regardless of his previous sponsorship that’s way better than most of them from that era

2 Likes

It’s not hard to understand how timebanking the WSOP, specifically the main event, would be massively -ev for winning players.

The amount of small field made for TV events pros in the mid 00s got into for free is also insane. Guys like Hellmuth, Ivey, Negreanu have easily got 8 figures of buyins paid for them and equity into free invite only events.

3 Likes

Could see some good action on this table with Koon and Kornuth having so many chips.

As an aside, Daniel loses his hairpiece whenever someone says his buy-ins are paid for by anyone other than himself. He would argue that he gets paid by whoever, just like any other jerb, and buys into events with his own money. No one is paying his entry fees.

Just ask him the next time he streams. He’ll tell you himself

You just put out the Clovis signal.

2 Likes

Yah, I miss those guys. They kinda sucked but were wildly entertaining. The 2003-2006 WSOP ME era was so good. If it were mostly robots back then, then the boom probably would’ve been a fraction of what it was.

4 Likes

Even outside the radical advancements in gameplay, the older coverage was so much more romantic. Whichever film and cameras in use were so much more comfortable unlike the hyperrealism of the footage now.

3 Likes