Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

I think he has real psychological issues thst he is being treated for.

I’m more sympathetic in that case.

1 Like

Even if he gets those sorted out, they don’t have a pill to cure being an asshole afaik.

agree completely, he seems like a guy with some challenges who is still succeeding

Hellmuth was on Polks podcast. It is really shocking how little he understands even basic poker theory. I defy anyone to listen to it and then argue Hellmurh is intelligent. He honestly doesn’t understand what sample size means.

Wait till he tries to explain the absolute basics of some crypto scam he is shilling for. It’s embarrassing.

Dude is the male version of a spokesmodel.

Of those I’ve watched recently on HSP, I’d say Andress, Petrangelo, and Brandon Adams.

I was watching a Matusow stream and Mike is legit shocked that AQ is only a 60/40 vs. JT, said he was sure it was a 2.5 to 1 fave. Then says “see, I don’t run sims”.

Jesus, he was equating basic odds with running sims. Then he says he’s gonna keep the odds calculator up b/c it’s very useful, lol.

It’s insane how bad these guys actually are/were and how horrible the fields must have been for the old school “pros” to find so much success. Gives you an appreciation for guys like Seidel though who have adapted with the times and have been top notch players spanning several decades.

6 Likes

durrrr could have never said a word and still be great TV because he’s a mega LAG that might come over the top for a 16-bet with Jack high with body limbs at stake. The tight-ass meganit bumhunters that can’t put a coherent sentence together were always bad for the game in every way, TV or not.

4 Likes

“gto bots” are bluffing way way more than any old pro.

i think there’s a lot of confusion between different set of players

1 Like

Yeah but they tend to be more predictable. They take hands with equity and blockers and rip it. You’re not seeing guys just take air and punt it off because they just “had to go for it”.

I guess this is real?

https://twitter.com/ItsDylanTyler/status/1428905352414781446

https://twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1428933704101945346

What in the actual fuck.

Hellmuth is such a pure scumbag. Just a terrible human.

5 Likes

Sigh, bring on the deplorables I guess. I swear basically 100% of the time if they have a screen name like AllLivesMattr or KamalaSux that they are absolutely terrible. Also makes it a joy to take their money.

I remember this guy whose screen name was TomOsborne so, being from Nebraska myself, struck up a convo and had a nice chat for about 15 minutes. Eventually I shoved as a semi bluff and ran into the top of his range and then scooped the pot as a 30% dog. The guy is livid, ranting and raving, and then calls me a stupid n-word. And this was with someone he’d just been spending time building a rapport with.

I’ve been playing online poker for almost 2 decades and rarely noticed the n-word pre-Trump, but it’s exploded in popularity since.

I haven’t seen too many of those, but we do have a NancyPLOsi and there’s another reg with whose avatar is Joe Biden shooting laser beams out of his eyes. I’m not sure what to make of that one.

1 Like

May have to steal the PLOsi screen name. Your post gave me a great idea, probably a ton of value in using a very pro-left SN to trigger the deplorables and make them play even worse against me.

Poker is full of scumbags. AND smart, funny, cool people. But seriously, full of scumbags. Who was the legend that was also a pedophile? I’m kidding, I know who it was, just not gonna drag out names.

1 Like

the 200-400 games streamed on WPT are really weird to me (it’s the one with the Dwan T9o hand posted)

The 2nd game had Dwan, Koon, Dan Smith, Landon Tice who’s suppose to be this gto kid I dunno much about tbh, Bruno Furth who is a very good vegas reg (the mohawk guy from Brad Owen vlog earlier), Chris Brewer who is a high stakes cash reg and Kristen Bicknell.

Like why is this game happening? It’s a WPT stream it’s not like they get tons of exposure from this. Everyone in the game are good to very good. Dwan went for like a decade plus off the grid just to play in the best games in the world and he wastes 2 days on this? Bruno grinds every good game in Vegas for years to play 200-400/400 with a bunch of very good regs?

He is a weird one. I played in private game with him couple years ago and he was super nice. Nothing at all like what you see on tv.

I just assume their egos demand that they can only feel hyper-successful if they’re playing against other top players even if their win rates suffer.

Maybe there’s a culture at the top of looking down on talented players who play softer games.

It’s fascinating for me to see Bruno playing these games. I played a ton with him in 2013-2018 Maryland games, mostly $2/5nl. He was one reg I was always happy to see at my table because I didn’t think he was very good at all. Not sure if he went on an insane heater or if he actually put in the work to get better, either way good for him I guess.

1 Like

I dunno much about him but he played the biggest non nose bleed game in every card room i was at in vegas last month. It was to a point that i was wondering if there are multiple clones of him.

He seemed solid in the stream i watched.

1 Like