Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

There’s probably some ICMish cash game theory regarding vloggers’ poker actions, channel views and ad revenue … What’s a 500k-view video worth to a channel with almost a half million subscribers? I did a random google search and came up with 50k, so Brad’s basically freerolling … seems like a talented dude to me …

There is a reason Doug Polk keeps making videos despite telling people every video that he hates poker

10cents per view? I would have guessed 1/100 of that.

Seems off. I think it’s closer to 500 to 1k for half a million.

2 Likes

Moneymaker GOAT

We asked Moneymaker whether he had anything to say to those who were hesitant to wear masks or were reluctant to get vaccinated against the virus. Moneymaker did not mince his words.

“If you are not vaccinated or don’t wear a mask at this point, there is nothing I can say to you. I will probably just not speak to you anymore as I can not handle that kind of stupidity.”

20 Likes

Revenue per thousand views is probably in the $10-15 range

Moneymaker not being full deplorable shocks me

3 Likes

Yeah professional poker player from Tennessee has to be like 98% to be wearing MAGA apparel.

He always has been the poker hero we needed. From friends who have played in games with him, they’ve all said he is the friendliest and most genuine poker “celebrity” to play with.

2 Likes

He was a baller.

Get Moneymaker to register on UP asap.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I’ve played with him twice and he is the nicest guy ever. Not at all surprised he is on the right side of COVID.

3 Likes

eternity ago i played foosball with moneymaker and his dad. they were absurdly good at it.

4 Likes

Poker was way more fun when it was wild personalities and amateur donks like Moneymaker and Gold. Even the pros had some wild personalities that made for good TV like DNegs, Doyle and a lot of the old timers. The 30 year old silent GTO bots do not make for good watching. That’s why LATB mid stakes games are still glorious.

3 Likes

I enjoy watching Chidwick plays and he’s like the only silent gto bot i can think of. The real problem was the stare down tank that timex started and in most cases I see less of it.

1 Like

And on the opposite end you’ve got Matusow - clearly one of the most maladjusted people in poker, if not life. Full-blown deplorable of course.

I was watching a live poker stream the other night of a game in which Matusow was playing.

Every other word out of his mouth was the F-bomb, despite his knowing it was a live stream.

He still seems like a man-child.

Dwan wasn’t super sociable at first, but an incredible watch. You can tell he’s actually come a long way in terms of becoming more personable at the table to appease the casuals.

And totally agree on the overall point that even if these guys are brilliant players, I don’t really care to watch them.

but who are ‘these guys’? the super high stakes live players are all pretty chatty from what i’ve seen, with maybe the exception of Chidwick.

Back in the day, I liked watching Allen Cunningham.