Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

I don’t remember the context of that but it sounds like me in that the vast majority of the time people are just wrong about supposed angling. I also think the number one goal of the rules needs to be attracting new players not rewarding nit regs grinding out their 15% vpip and 2bb/hour profit.

It’s not a coincidence that 100% of the time rules nits are also low win rate grinders.

Most rooms I know would call it dead.

It sounds like you’re only a stickler for the rules you agree with and/or benefit you. You don’t want anyone at the table other than the dealer protecting against possible angle shooting, but you complain about enforcing rules because the regs allegedly use these rules against the newbies.

Either Canadians don’t know how to run a poker room, or you’ve unwittingly adopted the mindset of the angle-shooting regs.

I want the fewest number of rules of possible as every rule makes the game harder for new players.

I especially don’t want rules that protect against things that basically never happen.

My local card room has a terrible rule that if you raise out of turn the next player can min bet which becomes the legal bet and the raise isnt valid. This rule hurts new players 100% of the time and has prevented zero angles ever. This is the kind of thing I am talking about.

New players are less likely to come back if they lose because they get angled their first time and lose. Good floor people will let obvious new players off the hook with just a warning in some of these spots.

Everyone should be welcome so long as they behave. I’ve seen players verbally bully tighter players to try and get them to leave because the next player is more action. My room has an explicit rule against criticizing another player’s style of play.

Really standard rule that an out of turn bet is not binding of the action changes. Also a very standard angle to bet out of turn to try and induce a fold by appearing strong.

Standard angle is an oxymoron.

The river angle you describe literally never happens ever and I’ve seen if get new players more than 50 times.

Anyway, I’m not going to convince a nit we need less rules.

Exactly. Which of following is more likely to get a newbie to want to quit poker?

A. Shows the ace at showdown for winning top pair while throwing his other card face down into the muck…floor rules his hand dead.

B. Players calls an AI for an opponent with two red stacks, only to realize that two blacks were randomly mixed into the stacks…floor rules player owes $400 rather than $200.

I’ve seen it happen multiple times. We need less rules to deal with poker players like we need less rules to deal with corporations.

Final table of the 25k NLH. 1.6m for first. How much fun is that for schulman? He’s been open shoving every hand of course

1 Like

https://x.com/audavidb/status/1800329585743233121?t=ysrKWfgNvGk6SLTplcu7kA&s=19

7 Likes

lol

Ivey second in chips with 6 left in the 2-7 triple draw. Poker Go doesn’t start streaming it for another 2 and half hours though.

It’s on youtube today. 3 left. Ivey second in chips at the moment.

Ivey has to have lost a bet with the hats.

Ivey hu with the guy who isnt mercier

1 Like

HU limit 2-7 is the weirdest game but so fun.

Ivey Ivey Ivey!

1 Like

Doesn’t even crack a smile. Dude is stone cold