Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Ya Ivey’s play was so bad. Seems like he is an old school player who has basically ignored poker theory advances over the past decade.

His flatting AK several times and then mucking KQ preflop in this line up was so weird.

I thought Dwan played well. Not really a good line up for him to be bluffing like crazy.

1 Like

I thought dwan looked liked shit appearance wise, maybe It was just last night but he looked like the last decade had been rough

I didnt think he’s changed at all, grabbing the hoodie before he plays etc, the casual talk with Ivey about the crazy game they where in (1.5/3) k I assume & Iveys (4/8) when he joined in later, alough I missed who was the only winner when Ivey arrived, and Dwans yawning. :blush:

Think he was just tired :point_up_2:

1 Like

I’m guessing hustler feels the stream was a bit of a bust given it didn’t get the numbers they thought.

People are realizing pretty quickly that Ivey brings 0 entertainment value (probably negative value actually) and that we’re not gonna see HSP Dwan, in part bc games aren’t so easy to run over anymore.

One theory floating around is that Ivey had massive action on a CFB game or something, but he’s been the exact same on about 4 straight appearances, so I think maybe it’s just a way to save face.

I heard him say he had +260 on a game so it was bound to lose usually and someone else mention that he lost over 1 mil on the Dodgers game. Not sure what the line was on that game.

He mentioned his bet at the beginning of the stream (not how much he had riding though) and was watching the screen to his left constantly. He was completely distracted by it.

I think the problem with Ivey is that those stakes they were playing bore him TBH. I think even Dwan mentioned something about it being hard to focus on such small stakes. (I think in the context the “small stakes” was the game they were playing, but he might have been talking about something else. It’s hard because you only catch snippets of the conversations.)

1 Like

Dwan seemed to perk up a lot later once they were getting some straddles going, and also a couple more whales sat down. I think he’s definitely interested going forward. But you can only have guys like Mikki, Krish, and Lucky show up so much before they just lose too much. Luckily for the viewers, Mikki and Lucky were getting pretty smashed by the deck (Mikki dumped back at the end tho).

Dwan mentioned at one point how much he hates 100BB and games that aren’t really deep and seemed to play more hands once the table got deeper imo. I wasn’t watching fully though and walked dog at one point.

Ahh I wonder if that’s what I heard about him hating playing so small (which I thought meant stakes), or if that was a different comment. In any case, it seems these games are kind of small for both Dwan and Ivey, which is amazing to think about.

1 Like

When I tuned in last night garret was talking to dwan and made some comment about how it’s hard to care at lower stakes than you’re used to playing

Yeah he said this about playing shallow and that deep stack poker is soooo much better. He might have mentioned small stakes another time also.

1 Like

Did Mikki show last night? They kept saying somebody else was coming, but I fell asleep before they got there. Although everybody seemed to be hinting that the mystery player was going to be Reza.

They really should close the doors or soundproof the room a bit.

2 Likes

Where you watching this at like 4 or 5 AM lol?

Who was the mystery guest that was supposed to show up late? (I would say a little more than halfway through at least.)

Dwan’s discussion wrt games:

About 4:58:05

1 Like

That’s a different conversation than the one I was talking about. I think I was sleeping by this point last night.

1 Like

I watched a few hands while playing poker last night. Israeli Ron joined the game?

Reza was the mystery guest. Israeli Ron showed up too near the end too.

Dwan played a solid winning style and got more splashy once the games got deep. He printed.

Ivey played like scared money basically the opposite of young Ivey who was fearless which is weird because he bought into the game for lots and apparently was also betting big on sports. I don’t think he ran well though and might have lost big had he not been playing nitty.

1 Like