Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

I haven’t played poker in forever and when I did, I just played casually online, so I never kept track of this stuff, but I agree with Superleeds that the latter is best. Just as simple as: how much did you spend and how much money did you win?

In that case, you spent $100 and won $0. Net -$100.

EDIT: Maybe there’s some better way that pros use, but that seems like a reasonable, easy method.

1 Like

For sure.

yeah and just have a notes section where you put won satty to explain the $1000 buy in but only $100 loss

1 Like

I’d go with:

Satellite: Buy In $100 - Win $1000
Tournament: Buy in $1000 - Win $0

Net -100

1 Like

Satellite: Buy In $100 - Win $1000
Tournament: Buy in $1000 - Win $0

Net +900 in sats and -1k in tourneys.

If you want to keep detailed records, then it’s best to be able to separate the satellite and tourney results. Plus, frequently you can sell satellite wins, so those are basically cash anyways.

1 Like

That’s sort of what I was thinking, unless you treat them as independent events, you’re kind of robbing yourself of the 900% ROI you had in the satellite.

Correct format should be

SATTY
Spent $100 won $1000 (net +$900)

MAIN
Spent $1000 won zero. (Net -$1000)

Which is net -$100 overall.

Doing it any other way will give a false ROI for larger tournaments when you filter just for them.

For example. You play 5 mains. Win 3x your buyin once, 2x once and brick the other 3.

My format your are breakeven, taking the buyins at $100 each you are winning at 1000% ROI and some kind of God.

1 Like

My favorite way to keep stats is to not log anything when I’m im on downswings

8 Likes

I log results. I just don’t look at the totals very often. It’s not good to dwell on the day-to-day ups and downs.

1 Like

Everyone knows that losses don’t count towards your WR when you were tilting.

2 Likes

Haha yup. And 2 outers only count when they’re in your favor. But only fish get it in with 2 outs :grin:. Stupid bomb pots don’t count either.

My win rate is pretty good!

I look at my bank deposits and divide that by how many hours I think I played that month lol

I log results by looking in my bankroll shoebox. Yup… it’s empty.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comments/1052b7e/i_was_a_member_of_the_hcl_poker_scandal_discord/?sort=confidence

“Update”.

Pretty much answers everything.

Lol they now think garrett is cheating? Its almost a perfect analogy to last night capitol events

I couldn’t get through a third of that it was so dumb.

I stopped after they decided garrett was actually involved in the scam and also loled that garrett was an active participant in whatever crazy ass discord that was.

2 Likes

Nice audition to be lead investigator for the Hunter Biden commission.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone is following the 2p2 thread on this, but it’s rub-wet-cornflakes-in-your-hair crazy up in there. There’s some legit mental illness going on.

1 Like