Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Good poker is usually boring.

How’d it go? How did the action compare to NLHE at similar stakes?

It was pretty fun playing a game nobody was very good at. I ended up making $900 mostly due to one sick cooler where I turned top two and villan made a set only to have his set removed by the dice.

A few thoughts.

The extra betting round really makes a huge difference on stack to pot ratios. You need to play deep to avoid being pot stuck at the end too much. This wouldn’t make a good tournament game I don’t think (although they are offering it for $70 daily once a week).

The dice effects the game more than I had guessed although that might be lol sample size. It was amazing how much it reversed hand strength.

It really really ups the variance which is fun for gamblers. It would break the brain of a nit which makes me like it more. Anything nits hate is generally good for poker.

Overall, it was pretty fun. I don’t see this taking over poker but it was interesting to try it.

3 Likes

I think it would work better without the additional betting round. Making every hand an “all-in” situation on the river with one card to come (potentially)

The extra betting round makes it better suited to being played as a fixed limit game rather than a big bet game.

I personally don’t hate high variance games. I’ll play anything if the other players are bad enough and I’m properly bankrolled for the game. If you want crazy variance, play fixed limit Omaha high die on the river.

The correct strategy is probably to play big pairs and big suited cards and fold almost everything else.

Haha, how many UPers or 2p2ers played in the pink chip game?

Me and ILP played multiple times when I lived in Maryland for a bit

so LATB and Hustlers doing high stakes games (25-50+) at the same time on a random Monday. Looking at the Hustlers game it looks very fishy and deep stacked. I can’t imagine NLH games being that good and consistent outside of WSOP in Vegas.

Gal is all over these games. I had never heard of him until I started watching Hustler.

Gal wins a $20k pot immediately from a guy eating beef with his fingers at the table and now is suggesting shots of 1942. This could be a good one…

He was a LatB friday-night regular pre-pandemic. And has a WSOP bracelet. Definitely an end-boss

He played LATB a lot. He luckboxed a bracelet in the 6-max 3k wsop a couple years ago.
Some of my friends know him. I’m pretty sure he started playing in LA because I never played with him in Israel and I played with pretty much anyone who played live back then.

Nah, I don’t think so. I mean he’s better than the fish and he probably got better (and better than me), but any good online/live reg would be happy to have him at the table. I do give him credit for being very good at exploiting the fish, which might be more important than having an extremely solid game like say Art.

The best players on the LA streams are Garrett and Art followed by Andy imo.

2 Likes

He seems like the perfect mix of decent enough player and actually fun to play with / have on stream. Constantly playing loose and drinking.

You certainly would know better than me. I would have put them in this order too fwiw.

The level of play on these tables is extremely weak for the stakes. If you put Gal on a serious table he’ll get destroyed imo. His preflop game is terrible. I’m sure he justified it by having a ‘post flop edge’ and ‘giving action’ which might be true, but my experience is that these traits don’t change even when the said variables no longer exists.

Obviously this is all guessing and I’m just a low-stakes fishreg, but I do know this is the opinion of some actual good players.

2 Likes

Table talk is so painful. Looks like a fun game tho.

has Art been on the Hustlers streams at all? He’s the most well rounded player i’ve seen but he’s not that fun or loose so maybe Nick banned him.

I love to see a stream of a player like that getting destroyed because he keeps trying to make moves at a table with several solid but unspectacular players.

I’ve never seen him on here. I might be wrong but I thought I read that he won’t ever be invited for various reasons.