Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

The game I miss the Pink Chip game at the trop

Good times were had by all.

1 Like

People under bluff in general but in PLO they massively under bluff. This has to be the biggest leak in my player pool.

Yes and no. Bluffing in PLO is different than NL. I think I arrive and have to bluff in PLO more often than NL online, but live in the games you’re playing…the pot is often gigantic, the stacks are still deep so I get not wanting to fire 1k+ river bluffs.

I get why people don’t do it but it’s such a leak. I bet I win 3 times as many pots in this game bluffing than the average.

Yea I agree, at least in fishy loose passive games it’s great. And the recs almost never raise their button straddle unless they’ve got premiums. Tougher, tighter games it does kinda suck because usually the button straddles are good and aggressive and most people just start folding preflop in fear of calling a big button raise.

One of the reasons I try to play balanced is because I think I am trading less aggression on earlier streets for more opportunities to bluff on future streets.

Going to play 2/5 die on the river holdem today.

Regular holdem but on river there is normal betting round then dealer rolls a dice and 1-5 means that card on board is replaced. 6 no card is replaced then there is another betting round.

So basically randomized river with an extra betting round.

Any thoughts on strategy?

Seems like sets and two pair go way up in value and straights and flushes way down. Also seems like stack to pot ratio will be really small by the fifth betting round so bluffing will be harder except maybe those spots where dice removes flush card.

It sounds like you would treat the game as if there are 2 turn betting rounds. So made hands on the turn are significantly more valuable because people will often have to pay twice to see the river since the first river card will often be replaced. So yeah, I would be folding draws on the turn a lot if I’m likely to face heavy action on the first river round.

Ya. To be clear any of the five board cards can be replaced depending on the roll.

Ya. So roll 1 first card is replaced, 2 second and so on.

You need to quad mine so if you get burned you still have a set. Easy game.

9 Likes

Wtf is this kind of game. Deuces wild as well? Sounds like variance hell.

Variance is good, not bad. It makes people play poorly.

I did some calculations and found that on three-to-a-flush rivers, sets have between 45 and 50% equity against a flush in this mode. I believe top set with the top card on board having the flush suit has exactly 50.00% equity against an undercard flush.

Ex: KsKd vs 6h8h on Kh Td 7h 3s 2h should be exactly 50/50.

In practice, this means that you should be aggressively raising high sets otr before the dice roll. Your opponents should fold low flushes since they are flipping if you have a set and crushed if you have a better flush. If they don’t fold them, you’re printing with your nut flushes. Also, if you raise them otr with top set on three-flush, they will call off lower sets and maybe two pair trying to gamble against your perceived flush.

So these are really high value spots for you. You should similarly analyze hands like AhAx or AhKx on these boards, because they also seem quite strong.

1 Like

now all you need is to make top sets

1 Like

in this sort of game they’re not folding flushes and you’re not getting nut flushes that often. The two pair/set thing won’t make a difference either they will or they won’t. You’re trying to throw in some image in a game that probably doesn’t have any. Definitely shouldn’t have any sort of long term where you could justify it but w/e.

It’s not about image. I’m just stating the correct theory of the game. If they don’t fold low flushes, that’s good for Clovis overall since in practice he like most players will probably be overly skewed toward pure value. It’s not like it’s a mistake to shovel in money with 50% equity anyway. Also you have plenty of nut flushes given you’re on the river on a three-flush board.

Hands using little cards like small sets, small two pair, and little flushes go down in value, so one adjustment is probably to tighten up and play fewer small card hands preflop.

Very cool. About to start. I’ll report back. Thanks.

Wait your strategy would be to be tight? That’s totally out of left field. :grin: