Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

she has been for the last few years. don’t think it’s particularly close.

I have to admit to not following poker news for the last couple of years. Has she really eclipsed Vanessa Selbst, Annette Obrestad, Victoria Coren Mitchell & Jennifer Tilly?

1 Like

all of those have retired so by default yes. like only Selbst is any good from this list. Bicknell plays the super high stakes tour for the last few years. She is clearly the ‘best’ female poker player in the last 3-4 based on results and competition level. I think she was a good online reg prior to making it big as well

1 Like

Yep. She was Supernova elite for three years (2011-2013) playing mostly cash. Then she binked a WSOP bracelet in the Ladies event and seemed to start playing more live tourneys and bigger buy-in stuff.

As far as being well known, I think it depends who you’re asking. If Bicknell sat down at a random 1-2 game on a Friday night, I don’t think she would be recognized as quickly as like Jennifer Tilly or Shannon Elizabeth or even a Jennifer Harmon or Vanessa Russo who was on tv all the time during the poker boom. But if you asked a table of current high rollers who’s the best she would be on their short lists.

Annie duke tho…hahaha joking

Imagine playing so much you get SNE 3 years in a row yet your brain doesn’t turn into mush for 10 years. Bad beat imo.

1 Like

well, she has done the best off it though, with people thinking she’s good so there’s that I guess

Shades of Bobby Fischer?

Bobby Fischer wasn’t a Nazi. He was just a mentally-ill, self-hating antisemite.

Sure, but kind of hard to feel great about the U.S. only world champion after you’ve heard some of the nastiness he spouted. Just saying that there appear to be parallels in a high profile face of the game.

We’re largely in agreement here. While I think his response to getting knocked out was genuine, it was not at all reasonable. Esp for someone who’s been around as long as he has and all the rest of it that you spelled out.

His general demeanor during the stream is even more troubling imo. This isn’t some new technology that we’re all trying to figure out. There are tons of gamers and streamers who get along great with their audiences. He’s not one of them though and does all sorts of weird stuff. Everything from racist-adjacent accents, to yelling and putting on fake voices to mock anyone who questions his decisions. And it doesn’t take a professional broadcaster to know how disgusting it is to eat and drink constantly on the stream. It’s to the point of distraction.

There are definitely plenty of trolls who are trying to get under his skin. But if someone with his level of success can’t ignore randoms on the internet, this probably not the format for you. It can’t be good for his brand.

The. Crinkly. Water. Bottle.

1 Like

I think he’s just a guy with a super fragile ego and possibly some type of complex. He seems pretty touchy about his height and hair and is quick to snap and defend himself.

I grew up with a guy who stutters and got a ton of shit for it in grade school and high school. As an adult, you basically can’t razz him at all like you would one of the boys or he’ll just snap at you. There’s no telling what type of upbringing certain people had and how it affects their current behavior.

1 Like

Haha I was watching him yesterday and he took a phone call from his doc on stream and just had it up to his ear talking away while on stream.

Also he was doing some definitely terrible rural/southern accent at some point

I think he just doesn’t care about the viewers, that part is secondary to him, someone complained yesterday about him singing on stream and stuff and he was like you can gtfo if you want basically no one is keeping you here

Yah I get annoyed easily and can’t watch his streams bc it’s a terrible experience for me, but whenever I see he’s posted a new video I always skip ahead to the bustout hand to see if we get any hilarious tilt.

1 Like

He is right. He is already rich and offering it for free. Lol to people complaining about how he streams.

The stream is branded with ggpoker and he puts up a billboard for the site at every break. But even if it wasn’t, if you put yourself out there lol at thinking you’re immune from critique bc you’re doing it for “free.”

1 Like

I offer my opinions here for free and some people still shit all over them! Imagine that?

Who said he was immune other than he doesn’t give a fuck what people think about his stream.

1 Like

wat. He does give a chit otherwise he wouldn’t be so gdamn touchy. lol at the guy who gives his stuff away for “free” then freaks out when his generosity is questioned by the plebs.