Poker News and Live Streams - HU4LOLLZ

Misogyny. The last acceptable hate on UP.

I say I’m staking a woman due to her skill and you reply lol no.

Imagine I said I was staking a black guy because of his skill and you replied lol no.

2 Likes

Agree that it’s misogyny.

2 Likes

This place is nowhere near as progressive as it tells itself it is.

3 Likes

The reaction she gets online isn’t because she is a woman; it’s because it seems like she is just playing poker under a gimmick. It’s also because she can’t form a coherent sentence or sit down at a table for more than 15 minutes. Whether she has legit reasons for it I don’t know, but the negativity she gets isn’t because she is just a female.

I’d venture that if we mined the poker archives for nearly every female player we would find tons of hate and tons of explanation as to why the hate can’t possibly be because she is female. It’s always some other reason.

As for her personality as I understand it she has some kind of mental illness.

Anyway, my point was about Bruce using two data points, 1) I know women who are staked 2) because of their ROI drawing his conclusion that point two is obviously false as he can’t conceive of a woman being staked for ROI reasons.

3 Likes

I can conceive of a woman being staked for ROI reasons. (I can believe you doing so and it was not my intent to suggest you aren’t.) I can’t conceive of women being staked for non-ROI reasons as atypical and far outside the norm because men are stupid.

Staking seems like a bit of a scam and lots of people get staked based on popularity rather than charging a fair markup based on ROI on staking sites.

Dude I think she’s been open about some struggles. That “coherent sentence” comment is really hurtful. I get that you may not see it that way but … take a page from Garrett and just be cool?

Roughly 28 minutes of Paulina being awkward af. Hard to watch and I can only handle a few minutes at a time. I started watching this a month ago and have only made it to the 20 minute mark so far, but she seems genuine to me.

I think she acknowledged having ADHD and possibly also being on the spectrum. In addition, similar to some twenty-somethings, there are times when every fourth word is “like,” which makes it grating to listen to her.

However, she’s very attractive and doesn’t seem like a bad player, other than being somewhat weak-tight. It’s a no-brainer why she gets invited to play.

I assume the hate for her is a mix of mysogyny and annoyance at her ADHD/spectrum behaviors.

1 Like

I only watched 3 min of that, but I think if you stuck a random 23 yo in front of a camera to do an interview like that, it’s probably not that different. Maybe it gets worse as it continues.

I find attention whores at the poker table annoying.

I don’t mind them at all as long as they’re spewing.

I tolerate them if they are spewing, but I hate them and secretly wish I could punch them in the mouth.

I’ve only watched her a few times but she barely says a word and just sits there playing tight.

You seriously need to self examine.

I’ve never watched her play. That’s a general statement that can apply to Phil Hellmuth.

“Attention whores.” Do we have to keep endorsing this kind of language here?

Yes

And to be clear, you are describing a young woman with mental health issues. Yes? I’m not misconstruing this?

No, I am using a discussion about a young woman with mental health issues to toss out a generalization about a lot of poker players who I secretly wish I could punch in the face.

If you wish, you can construe this as me picking this particular point in this thread to make this statement because I wish to annoy sanctimonious and uptight people.

Aaaaaaaand we bust out the “you’re the jerk for calling me out” troupe.

Way to break out all the hits.

Next play “but I have lots of female friends”