Poker Hands and Strategy

I would not split a promotional payout with the table, but if sufficiently large, I would buy a round of drinks.

1 Like

1 Like

Bovada has a progressive KO series going on right now??? Can’t believe I missed out on a lot of these. Such a fun format.

1 Like

Playing random games of chance with my friends

7 card blind baseball. You get 7 cards and flip one at a time and have to beat the previous high hand before stopping. 3s and 9s wild for a progressive payment 4s get you an extra card for a fixed payment.

I have to beat like Queens. My 5th card is a 4 and I have a shit hand so I don’t pay for the extra card and keep flipping. 6th card is 10 of spades giving me 10 Q K A of spades. Still haven’t beaten the pair of queens. Last card Jack of spades for the natural royal. First royal I’ve ever had in anything.

Tl;Dr made a royal in a made up card game

4 Likes

As a PLO noob he played terribly imo

1 Like

Double Bomb PLO seems like a ton of fun.

1 Like

This is an old game that goes by various names.

Think I fucked up the sizing here but the hand made me lol:

0.1/0.25
Hero (UTG+1): $60
Villain (UTG): $26.54

Villains first hand few hands, just got moved from another table I think

Dealt 3 :heart: 3 :clubs:, Villain raises to 0.75, I call, others fold.

Flop: A :diamonds: A :spades: 3 :diamonds:

Villain bets 0.75, I raise to 2.63, call

Turn: 2 :spades:

Villain bets 3.38, I raise to 9.51, call

River: 4 :diamonds:

Villain shoves for 13.65, I call.

Villain has Q :clubs: J :diamonds:

Thanks bud.

It’s way too hot here and I managed to trip the circuit breaker in my airbnb by blasting the AC and playing video games. My host didn’t respond within 10 minutes so I decided to take my first non-grocery trip to be around other people since covid. Fortunately, 95% of people around here must be vaxxed because basically nobody besides staff was masked.

Sat in a pretty great 2-5 game with max buyin of 1k or whatever the biggest stack has and the game played really big for 2-5. People were occasionally doing some weird shit but predominantly loose passive with multiway single-raised pots. These players all know each other, besides me, and I assume the weirdest looking shit involves prior history. I’ve been playing TAG and won every substantial pot that I’ve played at showdown with nutted hands other than one spot where I folded river to a large bet.

A hand for context: couple limps, I r $25 in MP w KQcc, V on BTN calls, 4 ways to flop and I fire 3 streets 2/3-3/4 pot on QJTcc 7c 4. V called all streets quickly and showed Q4o. He’s had a few beers and started talking about how he didn’t even see the flush out there and that he told himself he wasn’t going to play pots with me.

An orbit or two later, this hand occurs. Stacks are mostly $2800+. UTG r $20, next two guys are whaley and call, I 3b $120 w KsK, fold to V in SB who jacks it to $500, folds to me and I call.

Flop 973ss (Pot $1060)

V leads for $700 and we have a little chat about how he said that he didn’t want to play pots with me. He says “well, that should tell you something”, which I hear as the sweet sound of “I’m full of shit and will keep bluffing”, so I call.

Turn 7 (Pot $2460)

He fires $900 with $700 back so I rip it and he snapcalls. I ask if he has it and he remorsefully replies no and that my hand is good so I flip over the KK.

River is the Js, which is a pretty shit card, but he mucks. I dunno what he had, probably AK and a lot of hope.

3 Likes

Hellmuth sweeps Negreanu. Lol variance.

I know it’s fun to joke but I assume you agree this isn’t subjective. We can know who played better right? Someone is going to load every hand into a solver. I am guessing it’s something like 90%+ hellmuth played objectively worse.

That was objectively bad. He was accidentally correct. The vast majority of the time he is wrong there.

I’m totally noob at deepstack PLO but games are good so that’s what I’m playing.

5-5-10-(20)

UTG (6.5k) is a mega blaster - raises to 75, old-school TV pro (4k) flats BTN, I (7k) flat JTc9c8 in SB, Straddle (600) pots to 385. 4 ways to flop

Flop Ts 7s 4d (Pot 1550)

I check, short stack jams ~200, UTG makes it 2k, BTN folds. UTG habitually isos short stack AIs super light, so this is exactly what I was hoping for and snap jam 6k, he tanks for a while and calls it off with KKT5cc. Short stack has ~AA52ddhh.

We run it twice and I brick out :face_vomiting:, plus he hits a K on one board. I’m light on cash so I can only reload to 1200 and he proceeds to quickly dust off the stack and another 8k, mostly to BTN. I still manage to book a small win on the session because people pay me off all the time even though I’m a huge nit.

Am I reading it that right that a guy got in 600ish bb with basically bare KK on 1074ss?

I play poker weird. 2/5 NL. Non-Vegas.

Hero is about 800 deep. Villain 1 has about 1200. Villain 2 has him covered.

UTG limps. I limp. Villain 1, an action player, makes it 40. This is larger than his normal raise size. He will more often raise to something like 15, call a three-bet, and win the hand with something like J2o.

Three players, including V2, who have often been trying to iso-raise the fish call. Combined with V1, there is at least a 75% chance I would face a raise behind me when I over-limp. My limping range includes some limp-reraises, some limp-calls, and a few exploitative limp-folds depending on who raises for how much and how many callers there are. Ultimately, Four players call V1’s raise and action is on me.

I raise to 240. I have a tight image and I believe this is sufficient to get everyone except V1 out of the pot and he’s going to fold more of his range against me than against anyone else. He tank calls. V2 now decides to jam. V2 and I have history. He’s pretty much the only player I get into leveling wars with. He knows I am capable of bluffing in this spot and he is capable of re-bluffing me.

I call all-in. V1 tank-folds what he later told another player was 99.

Given my description of the table dynamic, what should be my range when making this sort of move and what should V2’s range be in coming over the top of me?

Does a range matter for such a weird overlimp reraise vs a call reraise? Y’all in shenanigans mode at that point

I misread it and thought someone had a nut fd. Wow

Like it’s an insane punt. On stars 1/2z today I had a guy get in 3 hands PF with me in about 5 minutes.

First KK67sscc vs A589 baduigi, flop 459ss and they turn a boat.
KKQ9ddhh vs J649hh, J6A flop, they hold.

Last one I’m 200bb deep, get in 125bb pf with AAJ10hhdd vs 2789ss, flop K92ss but I river the Qo.
Jesus christ, had never even seen this maniac before. I don’t know if I was happy or annoyed to only be down $3 today.

I say this in the nicest way possible, but NBZ is just clicking buttons. I love his posts like “I am the tightest PLO player ever” the next sentence on how he opens 2345s UTG.

3 Likes

Maybe nitty of me, but arguably UTG should not have called the 385 preflop, especially if he thinks the straddle only pots it there with AAxx. If he thinks the straddler raises with hands worse than AAxx, then maybe he should have repotted it to iso pre.

UTG actually has about 45% equity for the side pot. He blocks top set, so if he thinks you don’t make this raise with middle or bottom set, I suppose it’s not complete spew.