Poker Hands and Strategy

Bovada LOL hand of the week - MILLY EDITION

Get in there, I don’t want them to cancel the milly.

6 Likes

Sick, I lost my 1st bullet with AA but luckily won the seat while drunk playing a $10 satty last night lol. Still in it for my 2nd bullet

I got lucky in the $150k with 99 v TT v QQ and I hit quads, now I have a top 10 stack and almost ITM

4 Likes

LOLDONKAMENTS: AK<AQ. Good luck all.

1 Like

I had a big stack, then I tried to 3-barrel a 64% VPIP donk because I’m a dumbass. Instead I got to contribute a second bullet to the tourney covering the guarantee, which it fortunately has.

2 Likes

Donking around with some stony late night 100PLO and the table is lively.

The BB in this hand is currently the big winner.

Final score:

3 Likes

Here’s an interesting hand at the Golden Nugget from a poker vlog I watch regularly. I don’t want to spoil it yet for people if anyone wants to discuss the hand without results, but I will post a link eventually.

Live 1/2 NL. Hero has everyone covered.

UTG folds. Hero UTG+1 limps with K :clubs: K :diamonds:, planning to limp-reraise. UTG+2 makes it 20. CO calls. Button calls. BB calls. Hero raises to 150. Initial raiser folds. The other three players call.

Flop is 8 :spades: 7 :clubs: 6 :clubs:. (Pot=620) BB checks. Hero bets 200. CO calls. Button calls. BB calls.

Turn is 8 :hearts:. (Pot=1420) Checks to hero, who bets 350. CO calls. BB calls.

River is 2 :spades: (Pot=2470). BB checks. Hero checks. CO, described as someone with “a propensity to bluff a lot”, shoves for 5000. BB “snap-calls” for 4400. Hero?

I don’t hate the limp-reraise, but I would probably check the flop and/or turn.

2 Likes

haha I like watching his vlogs a lot, such a sick hand and a sick 1/2 game with a few people having 2500bb stacks lol

Yes, he has everyone covered.

Rampage is such a whale. You don’t have to bring 5k to play 1/2 because you want to get in dick swinging contests.

I thought the point of that game was super deep stack. It wasn’t just him?

lol ok nevermind, went back and re-watched. I like his vlogs.

Sure, but 99% of poker players are better off not buying in for 2500bb. They are more likely to make bad decisions because of the amount of money in the pot, as the player did here.

I dont think the river fold is awful, but if I’m playing against absolute maniacs buying in for 5k at 1/2 I’m going like 5x my normal sizes pf/flop/turn.

I actually like his vlogs as well, but idk if he could beat nl25 online.

I don’t have any idea, but I don’t watch these poker vlogs to learn to play better. There are 2-3 I enjoy, mostly because the people have chill personalities. Would be nice to see Wes Cutshall come back.

You do if you’re trying to monetize your vlog. It feels like he’s really gone all-in on this after his WSOP bracelet win.

I think he is actually trying to learn to be a better poker player and his vlogs are a useful tool for me to try and get into the minds of LAGs, while also figuring out how to adjust my own personal style, which is generally too tight and passive (yet still +EV).

1 Like

Do you bet the flop and turn on that hand?

Someone sent me this hand the other day. Not enough lols exist for this entire sequence. And for playing 3000 bb deep.

2 Likes

He did a vlog a while back breaking down how much he made from how poker vlog. It was like 40k in a year. Yeah, definitely looks like he’s trying to double or triple his content. Starts to feel tired at that point, to me. But still a fun watch.

PiO probably under normal circumstances would say flop is something like 60% check, 20% bet 1/3, 20% bet 1/2. But you throw pio out in these instances.

I think bigger pf then bomb, bomb and c/c is the best line in this game for this specific hand.
Like I might go $250 pf, then full pot otf with an eye on even over betting and betting $700-1200.

I do not think Rampage is better off making 2 or 3 triple barrel bluff punts a session for content than actually being good at poker.

Anyways, here’s the vlog, if people want to see the hand play out.

1 Like

I fucking hate the limp reraise. It’s fun when you’re 500 or whatever deep at 1/2, but 5k deep? Nah you’re playing a big hand oop. The whole reason is to not play multi-way per his video and he ends up doing it anyways

1 Like