Poker Hands and Strategy

Playing live poker for the first time since 2019.
Reminded that live poker is boring.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Kevmath/status/1377624361574797326

2 Likes

Did you actually watch this? Hellmuth is so bad. His play was unforgivable.

Interesting: Tonkaaa signs with pokerstars. He wasnt much streaming in recent months and honestly the numbers of stars tournaments got worse and worse lately. The european mornings arent much better than other sites anymore. Is this the sign that they try to do something this year and are going on the attack again?

2 Likes

Heard on the Lex V stream tonight that there putting an effort into getting the Euro countries all back on the same client again.

1 Like

For me as a German it might be the end soon anyway. The german government wants to introduce a 5.3% tax on all money you bring to the table. So if you want to play NL100 and want to get 100$ on the table you have to pay 5.3$ in taxes first. It’s insane. At least for cg this would be the final nail in the coffin after we already got the 4 table cap.

1 Like

lol

At least USA#1 is slowly getting their shit together and with Adelson dead, I expect that the six states that have legalized it will have shared player pools within a couple years.

1 Like

No rush. Pokerstars michigan just had a $300 500k gtd yesterday

3 Likes

Damn I gotta start paying attention to the schedule for good events, my buddy will let me use his cabin in Michigan which is just a 2 he drive whenever I want to play

2 Likes

SCOOPS ON railed me some Fedor tonight, boys a supergenius… Switched it over when it became 3 handed and The Fed was in 1st, no worries. :sunglasses:

Yeah, I figure it should work out pretty well for MI. The player pool will work itself down and in a year or so joining the rest will be good.

The 500k was insanely soft and I’ve got a big stack going into D2

7 Likes

glgl bro

1 Like

Close. This tourney was seriously the softest thing I’ve played in years.
I :heart: MI

I get the itch about once a year and without fail I’m reminded an hour in why I don’t like it. Probably doesn’t help that I’ve played at least 8 tables at once up to 55 over the last 15 years. I’m too ADD at this point.

I mostly enjoy live poker, but prefer PLO and usually home games. The 2/5 Bellagio sunglasses and backpack crowd or OMC just irk me.

1 Like

All the vlogs I watch make me miss it but obviously they don’t show the 3 hours without a single playable hand.

3 Likes

Mostly same bc of how bad they are though.

There are a few poker vloggers I enjoy, but it’s more about their personality and discussion than quality of their play.

I think I actually play live better when I’m drunk and/or high because being fucked up can help me from getting too bored and playing trash just to do something.

5 Likes

Also, the ability to read minds when stoned. Is helpful.