Poker Hands and Strategy

You also have to point out that Hellmuth has 0 WPT titles. He must have played a shitload of those events too.

So he happened to sunrun the events that get the most pub, but has very weak results in WPTs, high rollers, etc.

1 Like

He’s elite wsop player. Those are different skills.

True. He’s elite at NLHE live events with the WSOP branding and between 861-11,427 entrants.

1 Like

Not going to look it up, but post boom hasn’t he done well in a lot of ~$1500 events and less well in $10ks?

On a serious note, i do find hellmuth to be a potentially interesting story. A socially awkward midwestern kid taking on poker way before it was popular, seemingly very unpopular among his peers, largely unsuccessful financially for a long period i imagine, very borderline personality that became one of the most recognizable faces in poker. Probably top two with DN.

@tabbaker Downbet alert, plus they talk about their bet-sizing reasoning

1 Like

You don’t need to be good at hands when your super power is verbally putting people on tilt, which still makes him good at poker.

“And I can only get hurt for a couple $100k at most. So it should be fun.”

Haven’t watched yet but I absolutely hate this kid.

Take a shower for once.

Bovada milly is a week early this month and going on right now.

175k overlay and i couldn’t catch a hand this time, did run sort of deep last time which at least covered my entries today

Yeah, it’s only ~116k after rake, but I’m sure Bovada isn’t happy about it, they hate giving money to poker players.

I’ll just have to win this one before they cancel it.

GL!

1 Like

A friend of mine won the Sunday million this week! Vanessa Kade! After a crazy year of being attacked by Dan Bilzerian she wins the biggest online tourney. So awesome.

8 Likes

9 Likes

What an awesome and massive score. Crazy no deal was made.

I watched the final couple tables on the Stars stream and it was pretty pretty intense. Enjoy the 1.5 milly Vanessa

Ya it’s pretty sweet. She was a reg in my 5/5 game. I’m guessing those days are over. Lol.

Bovada added all-in sng sats for the milly, a solid idea to help reduce the overlay.

But they put 5% rake on a one hand gamblement so only true degens are going to play them and it probably wont do much.

The live WSOP has similar satellites where the rake gives you a better ROI if you try to win your seat at the roulette table.

Those only have 1.5% rake (IIRC) and they have to have a dealer and tables. WSOP.com has all-in sats to WSOP events rake-free.