Poker Hands and Strategy

I was loving the turbo series these past couple of weeks, made a couple of final tables and it wasn’t late as fuck, felt sooo good lol. Also a lot of the players in the turbo tourneys play like psychos.

1 Like

Wait, Polk is a douche? 🤷🏼😉

I’m in the US and haven’t played online poker since Black Friday. I deposited money on Bovada to bet on the election and then started single tabling some small stakes tournaments while I was watching TV and felt like clicking some buttons. Won a ticket to the daily $10k guaranteed tourney in a satellite and used it to late reg tonight. I ran like Zeus and won it! $3000 + $200 in bounties. I doubt I’m even +EV in tournaments in 2020 so I don’t think I’ll start playing seriously again but it was a nice bonus on top of the election win.

19 Likes

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn’t know. High Stakes Poker (the series with Gabe and AJ announcing) is back!

It’s on PokerGo and the first 2 eps have released with more coming every Wednesday.

They’ve been able to retain a decent portion of what made the original great, with a somewhat similar lineup and Gabe/AJ announcing.

First lineup has Dwan, JRB, and Rick Salomon headlining, with a couple whales and tourney guys (Bryan Kenney).

It’s been a pretty good watch, but I liked the original lineups a lot more and miss some of the guys like Eli, Sammy, Matusow, the “TV pros”.

4 Likes

so for an end of year report, I increased my BB/100 to 40 in tournaments

so of course in reality I lost money the last 3 months, only +2kish for the year

this game is so ****ing stupid

Pretty sure I ran pretty hot prior to the money and absolute trash when it mattered.

YESSSS!

2 Likes

There are satellites for this I assume? I’ve played about 5 tournaments in the last 5 years.

tons

2 Likes

you’re a huge favorite v the field

4 Likes

I already know that. Heh. Half kidding but not really. I played STTs and MTTs exclusively. I’m not very confident in NL cash vs the real players which I wish I had concentrated on more back in the day.

1 Like

wow bovada lowered the weekly 162 guarantee again. 150k now. legal poker can’t come soon enough

1 Like

It’s going to be Trump’s final act as president

2 Likes

mason malmuth actually believes this

4 Likes

1 Like

fixed

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jifrah/status/1351914898490589187

The “Wire Act actually applies to ALL interstate gambling” interpretation was paid for by Adelson and hopefully with his death we can get a real compact for the legal states (NV,DE,NJ,PA,MI,WV so far I believe).

pokerstars michigan just launched

7 Likes

How is PS MI so far? I might move out there for a bit.

Reminder for everyone that the first Bovada monthly MILLY is going on right now.

1 Like

pretty sweet. 1300 people online rn. they were doubling and tripling the tourney guarantees the first couple nights

1 Like