Poker Hands and Strategy

The web client, in my limited experience, is at least as stable as the desktop client.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s an exe

Anyone else feel like they play better poker after a few drinks? I’m constantly high strung at the table when I am sober. I feel like I can evaluate and separate emotion from logic when I am the slightest bit intoxicated.

I always used to get a beer as soon as i sat down because i would be really fucking nervous, mostly cuz i was used to playing 1-10 dollar tournies on stars and even playing like 1/2 with 200 dollars would make me nervous.

2 Likes

I’m a generally nervous person and feel like I do a bunch of stuff better when slightly drunk, playing pool and playing poker are among them. Of course there’s a horseshoe effect where you start playing worse and it’s hard to tell when that kicks in. These days I have spot-meditation techniques which I can use to calm myself at the table, which is a better idea than having a drink.

Side note, I feel like sometimes I follow threads and then I no longer see the updates. I’m sure I was following this one and then was scrolling through active threads but this didn’t have the unread number thingy next to it. Shrug.

1 Like

My game is noticeably better since I got sober. Then again, I am an alcoholic so YMMV.

Beta blockers & sobriety > a drink or two imo

2 Likes

Yea I’m prescribed Hydroxyzine for panic attacks and sleep as well. Doesn’t do much for me any more tbh. The Metoporol was amazing for poker the first couple live sessions. Didn’t notice it much after that.

He has crushed the last couple sessions but at the stakes they are playing it’s still well within expected variance heads up. They’ve only placed 10 sessions and in the first five already had a $500k swing. This is the second one!

i think perkins have a few milly on DN’s side.

Depends what odds he got. No doubt Polk is the heavy favourite but some people were giving better than 5:1 odds which seem pretty attractive.

2 Likes

this has been a fun watch today for the hosts

1 Like

HSP is back the 16th with Gabe and AJ hosting!

2 Likes

I just spent ten minutes listening to my boss tell me about how he won 134m in play chips on the WSOP app. I wanted to shoot myself

5 Likes

Can you find out what tables he is at?

5 Likes

bovada is so fuckin shitty their special event series has a lower-than-average guarantee for the big sunday tourney

3 Likes

Stay classy

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone was attacking him for white male privilege either - the comments to his initial post were mostly positive, with a few noting that it was insensitive to call this his favorite year, given all the suffering others were going through.

that is a given when anyone writes ‘sorry for being born a white male’.

3 Likes

I’m done playing tournaments on there. I register with good intentions but end up
punting away when I realize it’s 11:30 PM and the final table wouldn’t be until 5 am. Wish there were more turbos or EST friendly times.

1 Like