Poker Hands and Strategy

Big difference between online/live here is the stack depth, you’re very rarely that deep online and basically no one plays FR cash online anymore, maybe on the apps.

Going to circle back to this hand. I’m not entirely sure, but I think the line I took in this hand was inspired by Alex “Assasinato” Fitzgerald’s book Exploitative Play in Live Poker. It’s possible this line is more effective in tournaments than cash games.

Villain tanked and folded, showing that she was laying down A :spades: 4 :spades:, a flopped two pair.

Seems the German government made the decision for me if I should keep investing time into poker. Apparantly starting tomorrow online sites have to impose an 4 table maximum and a 1k monthly deposit limit. Stars already told me that I cant play on the fr-pt-es site anymore. 1k monthly deposit limit basically kills all serious efforts unless you have enough money on site and if the 4 tables count for mtts it doesnt help either.

let’s see if they fixed it!

1 Like

I’m a bad poker player, but I can beat other bad poker players at $5 and $10 SNGs. Is there any American friendly site with good volume at those levels? Past experience from a year or two ago is ACR filling ~2 tables an hour 9 seat non turbo, maybe 2 more turbo (hate). Not fun. I miss Pokerstars so much.

Edit: is there still a good reason we don’t have a poker forum?

Bovada should have plenty of action at those levels, 4 tables max, need to use BTC. I’m not sure what formats are popular, I know 6m hypers run a lot but I imagine at the $5-$10 level you should be able to play whatever you want if you are playing at peak us times.

I haven’t played on Global in a while, but I think that they would also work for you. Their rake is generally slightly higher and they don’t do crypto.

1 Like

Thank you, I was on Bovada before they exiled us to ignition a few years ago, I’ll check it out. I just want 4-6 running, so doing it over two sites should’t be too bad right?

Yeah, those two, ACR and Betonline are about your only options and I don’t know anything about their sngs.

Bovada also brought poker back, it’s the same site as Ignition, so you can play Bovada if you ever want to sportsbet or Ignition if you don’t want to be able to punt on sports.

You might as well try Global too IMO. You deposit via credit card and withdraw straight to your bank without hassle. Probably good action at the stakes you’re talking about. Global has its fair share of randos & badregs even at the mid stakes (though they’re ofc outnumbered at those tables).

dnegs!!!

Weird format with two different tournaments for USA / ROW. Online play til final 9, then a live FT, winners of the two tourneys play HU for 1M and the bracelet in Vegas.

I dunno, it’s tempting, but not sure how many people it will get. Definitely the easiest year to get a main event bracelet.

This sounds kind of lame. Who wants to play a super deep super slow structure online event. Sounds like torture!

The kind of people who enter 10k+ buyins

Nothing to contribute to this hand, but AF seems like a good coach, from the few videos I’ve watched.

Dnegs beating Polk at HUNL would be very 2020 (apparently up 179k after 3600 hands)

Bovada client won’t download on my new MacBook with the M1 chip. I assume it’s a compatibility issue. Is the web client stable?

Downloading it shouldn’t be a problem; installing it might be.

This is what happens when I try to download.

What file is it? an exe? a zip?

Can’t tell. It happens as soon as I press the link on Bovada. It might be an issue with the link.