Poker Hands and Strategy

Ship it, run it twice, and pick up $125 in old passive guy dead money.

How loose/passive is LP pf and is he potting there with all KQ or just with redraws? Best case scenario you are 54% favorite on the flop and a slight dog if he has K-hi clubs. If he is less passive, he might 3b pf with a lot of the hands that you really hate like KQJJ and KQJT. If he’s loose pf and shoving all KQ then he’s going to have a lot more shitty ones in his range.

Probably just gii and realize your equity. All your draws are super obvious and unlikely to get paid and folding blank turns sucks more than occasionally being up against one of the really good KQ combos that you block.

2 Likes

Without any flush redraws I assume check-folding is fine.

I’m more curious about raising UTG with AKo when she is sitting on only 30 big blinds. This seems like a spot to go for a LRR.

1 Like

Isn’t this a spot where if villain is raising a naked KQ he should consider folding to a re-pot? Seems against a re-pot if all you have is KQ you’re at best tied or flipping, but there’s a decent shot you’re just getting owned against another KQ with freerolls.

Probably should, but IME, if they are potting in that spot with the naked KQ (I def wouldn’t), they are not the type to actually do it. Shoving does have the metagame edge of putting something in your range that naked KQ would actually want to call and if they do fold it’s a huge win.

What are you doing with KQ here? This is definitely a spot I struggle with that deep - especially against aggressive players. Call and plan to raise turn if a blank hits? If you do take that line and board pairs or flush hits, are you just then folding?

That’s usually the best line.

Raising straights otf w/no redraw deep is just poor play against anything but absolute whales.

3 Likes

I voted probably not b/c I feel like the type of opponent who randomly donks an offsuit turn is gonna be able to find a crying call on the river.

Results.

Villain tanks. Then he exposes KK for top set in an attempt to get a read. Then he tanks more before finally folding and immediately going for a walk to smoke or something.

Lol this never happened.

Why do you insist on gaslighting me and insisting that my hand histories never happened.

You’re like the guy who tells a woman that no means yes.

1 Like

He’s just saying you’re lying about the hand history. That’s not gaslighting even if it’s a true hand history, which it probably is, and in any case has zero relationship to sexual assault. What the actual fuck.

He repeatedly suggests that I make up hand histories.

So report his posts and/or use ignore. It’s still not gaslighting and calling it akin to sexual assault is wildly inappropriate. I get that it’s annoying to be called a liar, but come on dude.

1 Like

Because you do. I simply don’t believe your posts.

Or you live magical land where poker operates completely differently than it does in every other place or time in recorded history.

Also, I tried calling a truce with you and you refused. Don’t cry now.

Dude, at the risk of being the forum scold, it’s terrible to just call people a liar out of the blue with zero evidence. There is also no reason to disbelieve this particular hand history. People have told you that your poker experience is not representative of the experience everywhere. This hand seems quite reasonable to me.

Sure in a vacuum maybe but he has a body of work and I just don’t believe he posts real hand histories. I am also not the only one who thinks this. Ever notice how every one of his hh makes him out to be some kind of elite reader of tells who should be crushing 50/100?

I also don’t feel the least bit bad about calling him out. I asked him to agree to ignore each months ago and he flatly refused. He doesn’t get to cry now.

His mythical villain

Limps kkxx preflop
Check calls the nuts on flop
3/4 Pots turns (a sizing I literally never see)
Then folds a river for $180 into $600 pot
At 1/2

🤷

Oh I forgot the part where Bruce calls $125 on turn with flush draw in hopes of winning another $180 if he hits.

You’re supposed to limp at least some KKxx preflop, especially the bad ones and especially OOP. It’s a button straddle and SB is first to act preflop and should fold the worst KKxx at an aggressive table.

Check call a set and donk a safe turn is a common betting pattern. Certainly, not every I play against plays that way, but enough do and it’s not surprising that he had kings.

Villain folded to a 180 bet in a 410 pot. I wouldn’t bluff there if it was a 600 pot. Almost half-pot feels big enough to bet.

It’s a 1/2 table where half the players are rebuying for 100-300, less than the 500 max. It’s not unusual to see a player lose 1000, 100 at a time. It’s an interesting configuration where half the table is short stacked, half the table is deep stacked, and the deep stacked players need to be careful that the shorties don’t drive them into other big stacks.

I also wouldn’t crush 50/100. My reads are really only effective against lower stakes players, as I have pointed out plenty of times.

You are not even trying to mask your lies.