Poker Hands and Strategy

when im in that spot with bottom set the second ace always makes me wanna vomit

I like snap shoving the turn in this particular spot. They need every reason to fold and only one reason to call.

You still have stupid bluffs with this line that you don’t have when you put her on the installment plan for her stack.

1 Like

That’s kind of the “standard line.” Obviously cute/non standard stuff can work.

1 Like

You seem inclined to see monsters under the bed all the time.

no - I just have very difficult time folding in spots that are tough folds. When I’m super deep stacked, I’d prefer not to have a 3rd or 4th full house facing a lot of action, because I’m the worst sufferer of Zeebo Theorem you’ve ever seen.

475, makes the pot roughly 2k on the river, giving you a nice shove size. FD that thinks they have straight out maybe comes along. Last thing you want is c/c, check river.

Also, losing image means they’re more likely to look you up lightly.

I think so too. If i had 1.5-1.7x behind id shove. I just cant see her folding Ax when she can still fill up and I theoretically can still have some draws.

Sure i might fold out her flush draws but her range should have more Ax.

Just so people know I play “normal” hands, too.

2/5. UTG, an out-of-towner who raises a bit wider than typical, makes it 15. I 3bet to 50 with AJo in UTG+1. Calling station OTB calls. UTG calls.

Flop is A75r. UTG open-mucks, gets up, and walks out the door. I bet 75. Button calls.

Turn is a K. I over-bet jam for about 325 effective because villain is the only player at this table who will call this bet with a worse hand.

2/5

I have J9s OTB in a limped pot.

Flop is 987r. I have a backdoor flush draw. Checked to me. I bet 15 into 25.

I get called by one of the blinds, one of the most tight-passive players I have ever played against.

The turn is a 7, not my suit, so the board is 9877. He checks and I bet 25 into 55, which I think is enough to get him to fold all straight draws and possibly some 9x hands that beat me. He calls and I think his calling range is ahead of me. I honestly don’t know if denial of equity is a good enough reason to bet the turn against this player.

Villain checks dark before the river, which tells me I’m fucked. I plan on checking behind unless I get a T, 9, or 7. I don’t and insta-check.

Didn’t happen

1 Like

Uhhh the river card is super important here are you really not bluffing an ace or a king? Especially against a tight passive player

Not really. I’d consider bluffing to rep a flush if one were possible.

I guess 6 and 8 are good bluff cards. One problem was that he was in the one seat and I was on the other side of the dealer, so I couldn’t see his reaction to a river card, which makes me less likely to bluff.

Villain had 65o for bottom straight, which is one of the hands I had in his range. I think he plays JT this way, too. He probably dark checks and just calls 87 and maybe 97, as well. This is a legit OMC who pretty much only bets if he’s sure he has the best hand. His passive range includes enough strong hands that you will value-own yourself if you bet too think.

I might be able to over bet the pot and rep a boat and make him fold a straight or T7/76. Maybe it’s a mistake to not consider that line.

So they’re a tight passive player that auto calls an ace or king here with TT or 9x?

No, they’re a tight player where TT and 9x are probably not a large enough portion of their range that makes it to the river for bluffing to be profitable.

Just played my 8,000,000th hand on ignition where my 80%+ equity advantage AIPF vaporizes and I’m instantly a 90% dog OTF. FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK! How am I doing?

1/3

Limped multi-way pot. I have 32dd in the BB.

Flop is K96 with two diamonds. Checked to OMC button who bets 10 into 18. SB calls. I consider folding, but call. Everyone else folds.

Turn is 9d. SB bets 45. I decide he’s an idiot who has 9x here a lot and doesn’t notice the three diamonds. I think he’d size differently with a flush and would have bet or check raised the flop with a boat draw. I call. Button raises to 100. SB tank calls. I fold, but I give some thought to the idea I could bluff button off a bigger flush.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I am in Detroit for work and will be headed to mgm today. Deciding between playing the $2-5NL or the $1-3(-5?)PLO, any insights?
Context: rec player who hasnt played PLO much and is likely a fish in the formart.
Also played the $1-2-5 at aria and didn’t really feel the extra excitement of NL+2.

Plo way more fun and profitable if you can handle the variance. If you play ABC at that level you will print EV.

Lots of collusion between the regs in these games. The soft playing kind.