Poker Hands and Strategy

honestly no idea i only play it when im too hammered to do 2/5

there’s a deep stack 5/10 game in town that I wanna crush after I recover, it’s not quite as juicy as that, but the last time I played it was that hand I talked about upthread where the guy stacked off like 60 bb’s without hesitation with JQo preflop haha

eta: not 2/5, 5/10***

1 Like

I’ll admit my local 1/3 pool is more action than most places but when only 4 combos beat you I’d be maxing value in nearly any 1/3.

If this was online 1/2 I’m never shipping. :grin:

Its 3 combos of A9

2 Likes

V2’s line on flop/turn is something I will sometimes do with A9 or better. The turn ace is a bit of an action killer, so sets and flopped flushes might check/call the flop and lead turn to avoid giving free cards to weak flush draws. (But it’s also a card I could bluff at.)

I’m skeptical about V2’s river call. The pot is protected somewhat by being multi-way, so hero’s raise should not be too bluff-y unless he is spew-y and this is a spot that is under-bluffed by most players anyways. Hero’s hand looks like it should be a boat/quads, which makes the nut-low boat a weak hand, relatively speaking.

Damn good hand Clovis

Have you played in a 2pm game with 6 OMCs?

Yes it is lol me x10000

I’m really being a star in this discussion. :joy::joy::joy:

The Ace is never an action killer on this board and this preflop action.

If it was a raised or 3b pot pre sure, the Ace slows down overpairs and 9x. But on this board given that

• The flush hasn’t changed
  • A straight draw hasn’t changed.
  • a wide range of flop calling hands can now call the turn (namely Ad Xx)

There is no reason for sets/two pairs/flushes to slowdown on this turn.

If they are slowing down, it’s because of the flop calls, not the turn card. Which they shouldn’t really anyway.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. You ship as I did?

I ship the river in your spot. Therefore, you must have played it wrong and gotten lucky.

1 Like

It also slows down semibluffs that don’t contain an ace. (Or bluffs with complete air.) It decreases the number of hands that the button will bet on the turn.

I doubt I ship the river. I’d probably size to about 300 with an expectation of knowing what I’m doing if shoved on depending on my opponent.

I think calling ranges will change massively vs those two sizes.

Strong disagree about that people at llsnl deal with bet sizing and absolute v relative hand strength so badly. I ship this river all day every day

1 Like

If I were going to raise less than all-in, I’d make it something like 400-450 because sometimes leaving 100-150 behind is less scary than shoving and they are more likely to call with a wider range of hands I beat.

In the games I typically play in, I don’t think 33 would be a raise in hero’s spot and I’d have to think about 77.

1 Like

Generally I would agree but my general exception to the rule would be when players are facing all ins or are all in themselves. Kind of sobering and even the act of just getting a count is enough to give them time to think a bit more rather than just shrug putting the chips in with a clear 2nd best hand.

If we were 1.5k deep hypothetically would you still shove? If so why so, if not why not.

FWIW this hand is a pretty good example of why you will get better discussion of hands without results or even OP inputs.

Asking what you would do in a spot >>>>> Saying I did this do you agree >>>>>> full hands and results.

Obv this doesn’t apply to various BBV hands that are just more laughs

2 Likes

I don’t ship 1.5k deep. I raise like 500. I think even my bad pool isn’t calling trips or maybe even worst boats for 1.5k ship

1 Like

This is way too much discussion about a 1/3 hand. Nh. Get fat value where you can in these games.

2 Likes

My only semi interesting hand in this session. Its a private live 2-5-10 game that everyone knows each other. Im there for the first time. One guy knows me, the rest knows im friends with high profile local regs.

Im down like 4k in some standard coolers. Female reg opens in ep to 50. 3 callers, i call 22 in the straddle.

Flop AdQd2c. I check she bets 125. Everyone folds. I think i should mostly call here but since i have to c/r eventually im more inclined to do it now with no history. Dunno. Made it 400 she calls.

Turn is Ac. I have 2k behind she covers. Pot is 1k. Thought on sizing here? Any merit to checking?

Pretty easy bet turn and shove River I think. I’d be making it something like 550-600 to shove 1400 into 2200 on the end.

I don’t think there is any merit to giving a free card to any potential one out royal draw (and picking up a bet if she makes a flush/straight on the end compared to the plethora of Ax that are calling at least one more bet now.

2 Likes

I bet ~675 she tank called and folded to a 1300 river shove on Tc. Showed me an ace. I imagined she might fold river so i thought about overbetting shove the turn but probably overthinking.