I feel like the fish in there means the kid shouldn’t be 4bet bluffing as much because stations gonna station.
What do you think a reasonable bluffing range looks like?
I feel like the fish in there means the kid shouldn’t be 4bet bluffing as much because stations gonna station.
What do you think a reasonable bluffing range looks like?
The most reasonable bluffs to me are QQ/JJ with a spade. Also, AxQs trying to demibluff. This line tends to be polarized between bluffs and slowplays (or a hand like KK), in my experience. Unless villain has shown the capacity to overbet bluff or you have a live read, I feel like this line is usually a nutted hand at small stakes.
Ignition - 40/80 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com
Hero (SB): 282.76 BB
BB: 212.12 BB
UTG: 264.87 BB
UTG+1: 231.06 BB
MP: 277.32 BB
MP+1: 288.89 BB
MP+2: 295.1 BB
CO: 349.59 BB
BTN: 256.16 BB
9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB
Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has Kd 2d
fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 raises to 2 BB, fold, BTN calls 2 BB, Hero calls 1.5 BB, BB calls 1 BB
Flop : (8.9 BB, 4 players) Kc 9h Jc
Hero checks, BB bets 3 BB, MP+2 calls 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB
Turn : (17.9 BB, 3 players) 2h
Hero checks, BB bets 14 BB, MP+2 calls 14 BB, Hero calls 14 BB
River : (59.9 BB, 3 players) 4c
Hero checks, BB bets 37.92 BB, fold, fold
BB wins 59.9 BB
I like the bet on the flop because your primary goal is to stack the fish not the better player.
As played, you really think he’s bluffing the 40% or so of the time he needs to be? Maybe, but prob not
Fold pre
I kinda sucked at poker but I always crushed SNGs and I’m beginning to think it’s because I did wacky things like fold K2 to a raise in the SB
If we’re talking preflop in tournaments, i had a small light bulb moment the other week. I rarely play tournament and when i do play live low-mid stakes one i try to memorize push charts cause its very easy to do so.
I was talking to a friend who’s a world class mtt player and asked about some KTs 16bb shove i did and if its +ev by some tiny margin and he said “who cares”. Just raise and play post flop, they all suck.
Like most of us play very soft field but sometimes obsess too much with completely unnecessary things. At least i know i do at times.
Eta - this also works the other direction. Like defending bad hands in the bb cause you dont want to be exploited or raising 26s otb cause someone limped. You can so easily get into better situations and can easily identify the tables in which you can’t
Would prefer a Bruce HH where you have 88 here and fold to the turn raise tyvm
Legit lol’d
Yeah, this is important to realize. People spend dozens or hundreds of hours thinking they’re establishing a minor edge when they really aren’t.
Playing mostly live its hard to justify doing a bunch of solver work when live players are so lolbad and so many pots are multi-way. When I do solver work I’m mostly thinking lol I don’t have to do any of this.
What’s the most sessions you guys have lost in a row?! Im kinda going crazy, I’m on 8 now, just squeezed with K10, flopped top 2, got it AI, drawing to 4 outs.
I broke even for a year at live cash. I’ll never question runbad again.
Have played in a home game SNG, real casual $100 entry with a real deepstack structure, 3/9 cash ($100, $300, $500) and somehow I haven’t cashed for like twelve straight games. And the players are reallll bad (indicated by me somehow being the best player). Runbad, especially live, is horrific.
I don’t remember but definitely more than 8.
Sounds about right, I think my record is 12, but not at these stakes
It’s all one session. I don’t even know what my personal record is because it’s not important info.
Thanks Bruce
A good lol 1/3 hand from last night
Effective stack is V2 with $580. V1 has $800 hero has $600
Hero on button and has straddle on.
V1 in EP calls straddle. V2 in CO calls, hero checks with 97o
Flop 973ddd
Check, check, I bet $15, call, call
Turn Ah
Check. V2 Bet $50, I call. V1 calls. Not sure if I can raise here?
River 9c
Check, V2 bets $110
I shove which is large but I don’t want to miss value.
V1 tanks for like 7 min. Throws in chip. V2 tanks for like 2 min and calls
V1 has k9, v2 has 33
I scope like $1800 pot. 
I would absolutely shit my pants and be flabbergasted til the end of time if i got 2 calls there and was good