It was a white guy so I don’t think so. 
I hate myself right now.
Single-raised pot, three ways, live 1/3. Flop is 633. Checked around.
Turn is a nine, putting two diamonds out there. Preflop raiser checks. I bet about half pot. Both call.
River is a jack, completing the flush. Checked to me. I bet 100 into 180ish. Button folds. Other player tanks. Then, he asks how much I have. He slowly raises all-in.
It’s such a classic example of how some low stakes players act when they are slow-playing.
I know I should fold my 66 here, but I’m so tilted by his tank job that I call even though I’ve played with him enough to know he tank-calls in this spot with a flush (if he doesn’t donk the river) and has no bluffs here.
Nice troll
Bruce makes all his money folding flopped boats in 1/3!
A lot of my profit seems to come from recognizing players who take very unbalanced lines and making exploitative calls and folds as warranted. I’m not as profitable in games where no such players are at the table and I leave money on the table by not bluff-raising some players without relevant blockers on my hand.
Let’s consider that there do exist players who won’t check-raise a flush or bluff on a paired board facing a bet from a player they perceive as tight. It’s ridiculous to say that no such player exists. How many hours of live poker would an attentive player have to play against someone like that before they should feel confident enough in their read to start making big laydowns?
Seems like spew to treat all low stakes players as fungible and see too many hands as unavoidable coolers if you’re playing against regs. The biggest mistake I exploit at small stakes is players having predictable, static strategies.
If you fold an overfull here you’re worse at poker than I thought.
I assert that there exist players who you should fold against if you knew how they played and that it’s possible to play enough hours against someone to know someone is that kind of player.
Show me where that reasoning is wrong.
The part where you’re playing 1/3.
1/3 players aren’t fungible.
I wouldn’t fold an flopped over full against you and you might be the weakest tightest player on earth.
Would you fold against the OMCiest OMC who ever played?
Safe to say not folding an overfull in 1/3 100BB deep is the correct play 100% of the time. I’m convinced your HHs are a troll.
Except when you know your opponent has the nuts ldo
So what’d villain have? (assuming he showed and didn’t instamuck)
He flopped quads. He was the preflop raiser, so his range is something like 33, 99, maybe JJ and zero flushes. I am absolutely certain he doesn’t raise with a flush against me in this spot.
Player pool may bluff if people show weakness by checking, but almost never bluff-raise unless someone makes an obviously weak small bet. A lot of them are station-y, so bet/fold is a great way to exploit many of them.
What are your hourlies in 1/3, plo etc?
Don’t humor him ffs. He posted that hand that way for one specific reaction
His HH aren’t real but if they were there is zero chance he is profitable.
I do have a lot of flaws in my game. I do leave money on the table because in PLO and NL I almost always buy in for 100bb, don’t match the big stack, and don’t top off. I’m also not an aggressive table and seat changer.
I play with a lot of passive reg opponents who don’t semibluff enough, don’t 3bet light, take pot-control-ish lines with their good but not great hands, and trap with their nutted hands. In NL, the LP players are generally 30-40% VPIP. I almost never see players who are VPIPing 60+%. This results in a lot of four-way single-raised pots.
I’m an adequate but not great NL player. 5-ish bb/hour at 1/3 and 2/5. That’s ok, but I’m not inclined to take a shot at 5/T or higher. For PLO, mostly between 1/2 and 5/5, my winrate fluctuates between 12-15 bb/hour. Not a crusher, but fine for my purposes. I can carve out a middle-class existence with those win-rates, but I’m not buying any new cars for myself. I think I could win more if I had access to decent PLO8 games of a similar size.
I am aware that my presence tends to make the game play smaller. I have a reputation for liking to check-raise, which isn’t quite accurate. I do check-raise more than most, but it’s because I have a more balanced check-raising range and I’m good at recognizing when opponents will bet if I check to them, but might fold if I bet. The net result is that regs who know me tend to be cautious when I’m in a hand and are often only noticeably comfortable when they have the nuts, but one of my flaws is that I usually don’t try to push them off of an obvious top pair when I can’t rep a straight or flush.
Tournament-wise, I generally stay away from NL tournaments. I have had some success in mixed game tournaments, especially if there is a high-low component, and I’d like to really study more in that area.
Fun hand from yesterday.
Blinds 500/1k/1k bba
Hand involves two big stacks at table by a lot. Average chips in tourney is like 40k.
V1 is giant fish in sb with about 140k. He is legit terrible.
V2 is in mp and is likely best player in field with about 40k.
Hero is in co with 105k.
Folded to v2 who limps (there was a decent amount of limping happening still! Lol)
Hero raises to 2.5k with 62hh
V1 calls and v2 calls
Flop Q38r
Check, check, check
Turn 5
V1 bets 3k, villain raises to 7 k.
Hero raises to 17k.
V1 folds Q2. V2 tanks for like 3 min and says he folded 85 which if true seems insane. I thought V2 was bluffing v1 and I was just rebuffing not getting two value hands to fold!
