This is terrible advice hu if your opponent is drawing two or more.
A rough nine is a shitty hand in triple draw.
You’re probably supposed to break a hand like 87542 against two opponents.
Haven’t played triple draw in a long time, but I’m pretty sure that a 732 (or other perfect 3 card hand) with three draws is a favorite vs. 98732. I think even against a three card draw, a 987 is basically just a flip - although standing pat and just betting gives you decent fold equity if he catches bad (he probably even folds some draws to better 9s assuming that might not be good).
I’m breaking that hand 100% of the time. 98 is underdog vs two others and going to be super hard to play later streets with that hand.
i just watched 2-7 lowball ft and 3 handed they were raising pat T’s and shit like they were the nuts so idk guys
eta: o this is triple draw
Forgot to make it public.
- Yes, in cash games only
- Yes, in tournaments only
- Yes, in cash games and tournaments
- No but I’d like to
- No and I don’t plan on it
- What’s triple draw?
0 voters
^^^ this
Pat 9 and 10 on single draw are excellent and pretty great respectively.
yea thats what i thought we were discussing lol
Early in a tournament. Let’s say 100bb stacks effective for everyone.
EP makes it 2.5bb. MP calls. BU 3bets to 8bb. Folded to hero in BB who looks at AKo.
Normally, I would say usually 4bet but sometimes flat. However…
This is an 8-game mix tournament. Button is an experienced mixed game player who clearly prefers limit games and isn’t a NL fan. He could have a super nitty 3bet range of AA, KK, and maybe QQ or he could be wider, but I don’t expect him to 3bet light. This is definitely a raise for value. I just don’t know if he plays TT and AJ this way.
I think all three options are reasonable, depending on my read. If I 4bet, I should insta-muck to a 5bet. What would you do?
4b to 20 bb and fold if either ship. The key here is 4betting keeps your range uncapped, so you can still have KK or AA playing this way, and they rarely do if they just-call your 4b
Folding yourself to the 3bet is better than cold-flatting oop.
[all this assumes both villains aren’t the punting type, in which case I’d 4b/call]
~60 BB in a 5/10 game
drunk looking opponent directly to my left is pretty deep. this is my first orbit, I had AQo utg, raised to $25, he makes it $75. 2 hands later similar thing with AJo but I decided to fold that one pre.
I am in CO with JJ, make it $25. he makes it $75 again.
this is the third reraise in a few hands, I’m not putting him on a super tight range 3 popping a CO raise like this. given that he played really weird and aggro in the one postflop hand against me, and not wanting to play JJ in an awkward sized pot OOP, I decided to go all in for my remaining ~50 bb’s, hoping it looked weak.
thoughts? these spots are always awkward for me. if I have an overpair, not a lot of worse hands are likely to call a value bet. if A/K/Q comes on flop I’m turning my hand into a bluff a lot.
he tanked for 30 seconds and called with JQo
Seems like ez shove
whats the bottom end of your shove range here?
for value? Prob 77, A10s, QKs. Dude Def sees you as weak.
Real question is why are you playing a cash game so short?
So you can get it in pre with hooks and not have to make tough decisions!
i like to buy in games with half stack sometimes
personal preference, especially in a new game, I may play for an hour w a small stack and then load up to the max if I haven’t naturally already. decisions are quite a bit easier pre and post flop and players often play incorrectly against smaller stacks.
long story was this night was because I had been unable to sit in a Mexican Poker variant I’d only just heard about (which sounds like the best thing I ever heard of tbh) but couldn’t sit, I suspect due to being too white o/s because I wasn’t even allowed to rail despite 15 other dudes railing and my seat never would get called. so the only other thing I could sit after waiting for 1 hour was 5/10 which I don’t always play, and I bought in for $500 so I could have at least 2 bullets.