Poker Hands and Strategy

Why are you not reshoving preflop?

Not a PLO player so take fwiw, but I feel like you should always beat or tie V2 unless he has specifically AA/KK with both of his other cards on the board. V1 obviously not a serious concern.

Maybe you know this already and your question is how to extract max value from V2. Seems close. As long as you don’t fold and get the money in by the turn, it should be fine.

I thought it was likely that V1 was going to shove, reopening the betting and it might even induce V2 to try to blast me off with some of the hands that I am doing best against. If I 5bet, he knows I have AA and this guy will definitely fold the hands I am most crushing.

Plus going to the flop a bit deeper in position with an informational and range advantage isn’t a disaster.

1 Like

That makes sense. Assuming this I think you have to raise the flop. You got as close to as good a flop as you can get with your hand and are a huge favourite to be the best right now. Calling seems wrong because almost every turn card opens up a chance for V2 to make your life miserable.

Does V2 normally pot it pre? 515 seems like an unusual sizing designed to induce V1 to jam so he can come over the top. And since he thinks you are nitty and you raised pre, he probably has a tighter 4bet range here.

I would play under the assumption he has the other two aces. This board may be too low for you to push him off a chop on the flop, so my inclination would be to call with the intention of using good turn cards against him. And there are a lot of good turn cards that make him feel miserable OOP.

V2 did pot, the exact details might be slightly off.

His range definitely has a lot of AA and some good KK, maybe some good DS highcards. I don’t think he ever shows up with four low/mid cards.

I thought for a little bit and raised to 1200, knowing that this is going to make most of his range hate life and setting up the potential of a turn jam.

He folded the other two AA and said that he would have bet his roll that I didn’t have AA there. We ran it twice and the top board ran out 9Q, V2 said that the turn gave him 2p with his danglers. I think V1 had shitty JJ and we ended up chopping.

1 Like

Playing some 10-20 mix for fun, I’m totally noob at all these games.

I’m the straddle in triple draw, folded around, SB + BB call, I raise 98732, they call and draw 3 and 2. Pat or break?

SB seems like he is decent at triple draw, BB is bad and sometimes forgets how the game works.

HU that’s a for sure pat. Three handed it’s hard for neither to make better as your 9 is so bad. I’m not sure of the actual math but I think it’s a break.

1 Like

I break, but am also a noob at draw games.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you draw two there, even heads up. Your nine is very rough and you have position.

1 Like

This is terrible advice hu if your opponent is drawing two or more.

A rough nine is a shitty hand in triple draw.

You’re probably supposed to break a hand like 87542 against two opponents.

Haven’t played triple draw in a long time, but I’m pretty sure that a 732 (or other perfect 3 card hand) with three draws is a favorite vs. 98732. I think even against a three card draw, a 987 is basically just a flip - although standing pat and just betting gives you decent fold equity if he catches bad (he probably even folds some draws to better 9s assuming that might not be good).

1 Like

I’m breaking that hand 100% of the time. 98 is underdog vs two others and going to be super hard to play later streets with that hand.

1 Like

i just watched 2-7 lowball ft and 3 handed they were raising pat T’s and shit like they were the nuts so idk guys

eta: o this is triple draw

Forgot to make it public.

Have you ever played 2-7 triple draw?
  • Yes, in cash games only
  • Yes, in tournaments only
  • Yes, in cash games and tournaments
  • No but I’d like to
  • No and I don’t plan on it
  • What’s triple draw?

0 voters

^^^ this

Pat 9 and 10 on single draw are excellent and pretty great respectively.

1 Like

yea thats what i thought we were discussing lol