Poker Hands and Strategy

There is like 80 bb in the pot already. Taking it down preflop would be fine. Also you have a guy cold calling the 3b oop with the original raiser still to act. That’s like a bottom 1% play. He is for sure calling with worse.

You should be flatting and raising a % of the time obviously. Due to the player overcalling and being out of position on the better player, I believe we should 3b more often than calling.

We get in some real tough post flop spots, but that’s where you have to have some reads and play some poker.

I can see merit to calling and 4b. I dont think you have to do either but i probably lean towards 4b more often as what i should do.

I did however call and drunk guy obv calls all in.

Flop KcQc5x

BB check, I check (anyone consider leading?

Reg bets 250, bb calls. I?

The short stack can’t reopen the action right? Or am I misreading?

Bad nits play big pairs like the cold caller all the time. Not convinced anyone but the short stack continues to a 4b

I think its better to lead if there was a decent side pot, worse when there isn’t.
When I lead its either like 25% or 125%.

Not raising and happy to play turns even when it’s the Ac, Jc etc.

Keep in mind that short stack range is literally any two cards and everyone knows it so theres no real “no bluffing into a dry side pot” here.

Problem with calling is i think reg checks behind everything except kings. Do you call and check?

I think call, c/c turn and then betting 125% on most runouts is a pretty good line?

It is but if he has AK AA we are winning a bigger pot raising.

Like AK is def in bb range too. Actually a big part of his range after he calls flop too

Harder to say online without a better read/description of villain, if you think you can actually stack AK, AA on safe runout when you raise, it’s probably the better move.

It’s usually tougher to get 3 streets this deep vs someone decent.

If i raise and bb calls he has less than psb behind

I’m leading the turn. The goal here is to stack the cold caller. Reg is less likely to valuetown themselves imo

I agree i think reg is not putting any money on the turn without kings or AJ/ATcc.

Otoh i literally have no hands i play that way that arent kk/qq/kq/55 which isnt great overall

Yeah which is what makes the turn lead the play to get the blind calling with AK or whatever

Fwiw i raised to 1k. Reg insta folded, bb tank folded a flush draw and i lost the main to J3cc after 2c on the river

If he’s calling a c/r with AK/AA, then obviously raise. If there’s a good chance he folds those hands, then call.

It’s based on your read of how sticky he is with premiums and how much he respects your raises in deciding how to play this hand so as to not narrow his range to KK.

I played with solid reg a bunch and was confident he never bets turn. im not sure he folds AA or AK to a flop raise.

I was obv wrong about bb range as he had 89cc but i gave you the guys the info as i thought during the hand

AK should be a fold for a reg facing a c/r in this spot assuming your image is reasonable.

Edit: C/c flop > c/r. Not sure about leading, maybe better than both but I have no idea what you balance it with.

If you c/c flop how do u continue on non club turn. How do you continue on club turn?

On a non-club brick, it’s 100% check. The reg may (correctly) think AK and AA are good most of the time and will often just bet them again. On a low club or Ac, I bet/call even though it’s painful; it’s the best way to get value from the worse high card hands which far outnumber the flushes. Tc or Jc probably just c/c down.