Poker Hands and Strategy

he’s not folding AJ-A9 to the turn.

@NotBruceZ i profile him as someone who is trappy and bets to find out where they are

He’s a spewtard

1 Like

I have this friend who has this embarrassing issue…

I may be too tight, but I only float if I have backdoor draws to work with and I usually don’t float overcall. I never really picked up that gear of just bluffing with any two cards.

Thats great news.

He’s folding the river. Free turn bet!

It’s a spot where you always fold flop because that’s your game or you overcall flop because SB never has a 3 and you have better A in your range than he does and even if MP has a 3 sometimes the businessman is giving you juice to make that play.

Sounds like a good game!

Don’t think we can deduce these things, but he makes proving/blocker/info seeking bets and you can exploit that.

The UTG caller has 3x hands in his range, which he would slowplay, and would be sticky with weak Ax hands. He can also have AK/AQ as played.

You dont triple the sandwich guy.

Dumbest thing I’ve seen in a loooong time. 2/5 NL 100bb cap.

Someone just folded their last $100 on the river in a $1500, 3 way pot: 10 J Q 5 9 board. I’m all in on the turn for 500. On the river (dry side pot) the guy C/F almost instantly to keep his last $100 and shows 89 :scream:. Guy who put him in for his last $100 shows JQ!! Hilarity ensues. I ship the whole pot with 10 10 lolololol.

3 Likes

Lol I have played and filled in as a dealer for a home game that was limit holdem, limit omaha high, limit omaha h/l. Game was also a bunch of nut peddlers so it reached showdown about 2% of hands. Was absolutely atrocious to play in and then I got paid a fixed amount to deal so was awful to deal too considering the sheer volume of hands we got through.

1 Like

and there goes slime chasing a massive pot for the minorly 72 bounty pot

I saw the same thing two weeks ago at 1/3. 3-way pot of $800 OTF and one all-in in the main and a dry side pot. Lady check folds turn with $60 behind and all-in takes it down with TPGK on a 1-liner straight board. Live games are very good imo.

2 Likes

Yea, getting to play in some more southern parts of the US has been pretty eye opening

1 Like

I once saw a guy fold flop for like his last $20 getting 50 to 1 with TT with one overcard out. My brain exploded.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to take money from southerners at the poker table. I miss it, it’s quite fulfilling.

Seat selection question.

Does adding a button straddle to a game (action begins to the left of the straddle pre) change what players you want position on or does it have no bearing on where you want to sit?

Remember how people just NEVER bet less than half pot in NLH cash for like 20 years straight?

What were they/we thinking? Just believing there’s no fold equity so why have a smaller bet size?

I can definitely remember in like 2006 whenever I saw someone betting 1/3 pot on the flop I’d be like OMG FISHIEST FISH TO EVER FISH because obviously I was a moron

1 Like

I remember sometimes betting 40% pot. I didn’t think I could bet smaller without putting myself at risk of inducing a bluff raise from a player who wouldn’t normally bluff. And I would have some balance with bluffs and value bets, including nutted hands. Maybe it was FPS to not just bet-ber-bet big with the nuts.

I figured out on my own the idea of sometimes sizing bluffs to bet out hands that beat me but can’t beat top pair, knowing I’m not going to get too pair to fold.

no?

i was playing way looser preflop than most and was betting 1/2 pot CBs all the time in like 2007-black friday range.