Poker Hands and Strategy

Not enough information to answer. Effective stack?

There’s enough info, it’s always a fold. Stacks sizes don’t change it.

Sorry… eff stacks 120BB.

I did fold, although I assume it becomes a call with a better suited connector.

What is the lowest SC that you would call with?

you are folding 400bb deep? Lol if so.

Fold for sure.

Yes, it’s anon. Would I call with 76o or worse if we are 1000bb deep? 72o if we are 2k deep?

T9 is prolly fine

For what value of x and y do you think it’s always fold if less than x, never fold if greater than y, and it depends between x and y?

I had figured JTs for sure; I wasn’t sure about T9s or even 98s.

It’s important to understand the drastic differences in anon games.

Implied odds don’t matter if we don’t have info. We are oop with a weaker hand, that’s it in an anon format.

Yeah, I’d imagine it’s between T9 or JT but it’s obviously such a minimal issue. I think in lower % raked 6 max game, (5-10nl) utg opening range is 44+ A2s+ ATo+ QJo+. So T9 seems fine. In a .50nl game JT, I guess.

Sometimes 3b (something like 1/3 of the time probably), call the rest of the time.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s based on solvers. I think high rake is certainly a factor, but I don’t think it’s a big enough factor to have you folding a hand this good. It wants you to call all scs down to 43 and gappers down to 53 and 3b some of them as well. This range is against a 2.5x open though so maybe the 3x sizing plus the high rake gets this closer to the borderline, but you’re also presumably against pretty bad opponents so mixing it up with a very playable hand like this is fine imo.

2 Likes

That reminds me, I don’t think the original question mentioned the stakes.

.25/.50

1 Like

Was this a fast-fold or regular table?

You played a boatload of 3-6 nl 6max on absolute poker circa 2006-2008, right? With like orange crush, manutbol, carrotsnake, ptwowner?

iirc it was only 2/4 and 5/10. Don’t remember 3/6. It was a 200bb buy-in though.

yeah, the 200bb was standard, we played a shitload, lol.

there was quite a bit of 3-6, though which is strange to say

1 Like