Poker Hands and Strategy

You deleted some stuff.

Also, people call to often because of pot odds? wat?

I’m going to listen Tupac and walk the dog. Peace bros!

I deleted this because I didn’t think it fit the flow of what I was writing:

I’m fairly sure raise or fold is wrong from a GTO perspective. It could be the right play from an exploitative POV.

I think some players cite pot odds to justify making loose calls with hands that have poor equity realization or reverse implied odds in multiway pots. Getting 6:1 preflop doesn’t justify calling with any two cards against several opponents.

I’m probably 75% folding and then raising if the original raiser has raised recently. A4s is not the hand to die on. Possibly calling if raiser is wild or if more callers.

Also, it’s fine but you alternate between GTO and also knowing one specific player wouldn’t do a specific bet without certain hands. Which do you go by and how do you figure out what to do between both extremes?

I try to default to a somewhat balanced strategy so that I try to play that way when I don’t feel like I am playing my best or against an unknown. It’s not exactly a GTO strategy, but is influenced by what I’ve studied. I do more exploitative stuff against regs who I have a long history against or who exhibit extreme tells or betting patterns. It’s also easier to put people on narrower ranges when the pot is multiway.

So my play is based on a combination of how well I think I am playing and how well I know my opponent. I default towards a style that is more passive and tighter than optimal but doesn’t get me into too much trouble and I increase the level of exploitation I practice based on how confident I feel.

One flaw I have is a hesitancy to take lines that exploit population tendencies rather than the traits of a specific player. I think that makes me better suited to live cash games than tournaments or online.

In the time it took you to post that, most tournament blinds doubled or more.

Dude your being a douche here today for literally no reason

OK. Good night. “you’re”

Being obnoxious to people because youre “drunk” wasnt acceptable when you were 21, def not when you’re whatever it is

1 Like

lmao

Another reason I’m not good at online is that it moves too fast. I rarely felt comfortable playing more than a couple tables at the same time. Multitabling was actually easier for me if each table was a different game type.

1 Like

STTs were just math decisions on a few second notice. It was horrible for actually developing a real solid game.

They were fold until bubble unless you flop a set then ICM.

Dude, point out the obnoxiousness. If I was, I’m sorry. I simply said raise or fold. You all brought dumb arguments? That I’ve ever tried to say or claim that I was a douchebag because I was drunk is hilarious. I definitely wasn’t arguing my points wrt to poker plays as “drunk plays”. Just lol. How is raise or fold the drunk play or whatever you are claiming?

Also, Bruce and I have had a normal convo while you claimed this.

raise or fold! Douchebag!

lmao wat

exactly. I’m obnoxiously drunk bro. Raise or fold.

Who do you think is offended here? Have I told anyone to personally fuck off? What’s your actual issue?

Anyone else have any issues with anything I’ve ever done here? I’ll completely stop posting if people want it.

dude are you acting or is this serious?

post whatever you want. you keep repeating whatever nonsense you had about that hand. people tried to help you out, gaining literally nothing from the exchange other than the off chance of helping you understand something and you keep repeating ‘lmao wat’ in various iterations.

then you sent nbz off to do some homework for you and when he did you laughed at his effort. now granted i didn’t read it either, but i didn’t request it.

if you feel your exchanges were beneficial and enjoyable to others great, i might be completely off here. my apologies. cheers.

3 Likes

amazing

qed