Poker Hands and Strategy

Maybe to rep a straight, you either need to check raise turn or bet bigger.

1 Like

Why are you in the hand anyway? If you are going to rep a strong hand raise again and lead out. If you are going to call everyone in late position puts you on pairs or decent aces. This is dependent on whether you ever defended blinds or called in bb ever obv but seems like an obv raise or fold on flop and be done with it if you don’t hit. Go broke with it though if you must.

Prana I’m confused! I called 20k more on my BB, but I can’t raise or fold flop as it was checked around

You can 3b sometimes but calling pf is fine. Folding is not an option

Line seems fine to me, maybe a bit bigger on river or squeeze PF.

Really though, if a good player is snapping you off with A9 there, try not to be a tellbox, because otherwise that seems like a spew.

1 Like

What can he beat by leading out? Then getting called twice. He’s beat for sure almost on first call. Cash game I don’t know but tourney call there is either a huge draw or you are beat.

You all think leading out there with a raise and a caller is solid?

Im not sure what you are talking about. Flop was checked around and he led the turn with the nut flush draw

1 Like

Also, his range has WAY more 8s than either of theirs at that point.

Sorry, I didn’t see that and no one pointed that out until now. Still a raise or fold situation without it being multiway preflop imo.

it is multiway preflop and it’s not a raise or fold situation. defending the big is the std play here. i’m sure you can mix some 3b from time to time but the standard play should be to call

nah

Folding A3s there ever is terrible.

Amazing that people are defending an OOP call with shitty ace instead of raising or folding. Ok all. I’m not going to argue it but cmon. If you are going to try and steal the pot reraise pre.

I mean, there’s definitely an argument to be had about the ratio of calls to squeezes, but folding a suited ace in the BB to a <2.5bb open 60bb deep is a 0% play in my book.

1 Like

I didn’t say fold. I said raise or fold.

You should definitely have a squeeze %, but it should in no way be above or anywhere near 50% at that stack depth.

1 Like

I’m also leaking bad despite having profitable MTT record by folding suited Aces to raises. j/k I’d bet the EV is very marginal. I don’t get trapped in hands like this one where I barrel shots instead of just stealing blinds later.

not sure if you’re drunk

Drunk and bad at poker. I actually didn’t talk about it for the first few years here.

I feel like raise or fold is old school mentality and solver era work suggests a lot more flatting preflop than was standard ten years ago.