Poker Hands and Strategy

Theyre a losing 2/5 middle aged live player AFAIK. Seemed quite dumb when I watched a blog like 2 years ago

1 Like

I’ve actually ran up a decent stack in the Houston $1700 main. One time!

But I’m the worlds worst tourney player

11 Likes

How many people left? ITM yet?

Last D1 is today.

Well super disappointing Day 2, just whiffed every flop, couldn’t even get good turn cards to barrel. Never had any premiums. Then went out AI pre with AA to QQ. So tilting. Fucking tourneys. But still 40/900 ain’t bad I guess.

Just curious about this hand: Blinds 10k-15k-15k

Fish makes it 35k in LP, button calls, I call with Ad3d

10 9 7 r. Checks around. Turn 6d giving me bd flush outs and puts one to a straight. I bet 60k on turn, button (good player) calls.

River Ko

I bet 150k

1. What are you representing?
  2. Why are there three blinds in a tournament hand?

Well I’m hoping to rep a straight!

Sorry for not clarifying, it’s 10k SB and 15k BB with 15k BB ante

I figured you were including an ante in there, but it wasn’t clear.

stack sizes? At first glance seems like raise or fold. Then, you get in a pot with nothing and keep barreling.

In tournaments lately I’ve seen this thing again that I used to see in tournaments when first playing but not much after games got tighter. A raise and callers then big blind’s defense is just going all in on flop lol. Or, several callers and big blind just pops it almost all in with garbage hoping to steal it all.

I think both those tactics are actually talked about in those Poker Tournament Formula books.

We had like 60bb stacks. So lots of room to play post flop

I got snapped by mid pair, A9, felt like an idiot, I think he could feel my frustration lol.

Maybe would have worked better if I had been winning a few hands beforehand and not the opposite. I just feel like I manage to make every wrong decision later in tournaments :man_shrugging:

I still feel like raise or fold is better.

You reraise and maybe A9 folds or then after you show aggression in defending with a continuation bet, he folds with non top pair and shit that can beat them.

I usually would figure that a late raiser opens with a lot of hands and that doesn’t bode well when you just called and then bet out. That may be all in his range of opening hands. I would check turn for sure. People who flopped strong hands are going to let you bleed yourself dry here.

It’s a hand you didn’t even need to get involved in but then continued pushing the issue with nothing really. IMO.

1 Like

So you’re calling pre as a blind, turning a flush draw and semibluffing, then betting river on a scare card if I have action correctly? Honestly seems fine. Issue is mainly just timing and how big of a fish you perceive the one opponent to be. Obviously bluffing fish is just kinda bad as a default, but your line is perfectly reasonable vs good opponents. From villains shoes I certainly wouldn’t look you up with just A9. Maybe just go bigger sizing, there are a lot of one-pair combos villain can have, so you really need to make it scary.

I want to read this especially if about my posts.

Calling instead of defending blinds or just folding to late position raises is bad lol. Stop N Go tho!

No sorry, I didn’t think that I clicked I was responding to you, so it looked like I was responding to epic western!

I was just saying I think stabbing the turn card where I have a straight in my range plus equity seems ok to me! But river ehhh, I’m not sure

Im pretty sure I do terrible in the blinds this late in tournaments, is reraising A3s pre pretty standard here?

I’ve called down a lot of big blinds leading out while I had middle or bottom pair and won.

Yeah it was good read, he just kinda knew I was gonna try and rep that straight I guess, meh

I’d like it better if it was the pfr calling, but seems fine i guess. I’d size the river larger tho as you are repping very narrow anyway, so might as well make it harder to hero call.

1 Like