Poker Hands and Strategy

Getting ready for my biggest single session loss this year, 5/5/10 NL stuck 7 so far, only brought 10, the guy two seats to my left is up to 20k, repopping to 500 pre, just drilling. Two people have been kicked off this table for being drunk, literally chaos. Wish me luck lol.

3 Likes

Anyone watching the $50k stream?

This was one of the most hilarious hands I’ve ever seen. Leng found some bizarre hero fold getting more than 10-1 on the river in limit holdem when Jungle raised all in for 1/2 bet more. Jungle wasn’t even bluffing. He just started laughing maniacally when Leng folded and showed his hand.

2 Likes

Might be one of the biggest brain farts ive seen considering the caliber of players, the spot and the outcome. Jungle with the cl now

I can’t imagine how tilted I’d be in Volpe’s spot there.

Nutso table, you’re in the straddle 25 with A5s. 3k stack. Maniac A flings in some chips, turns out to be 550 or so. He’s been doing this with just pure garbage and laughing showing and calling the table pussies. Even drunker maniac B is back from the bar, on the button and he calls after like two minutes of shit talking maniac A. They both have around 10k and they both likely have nothing. How do we like jamming here? Or too high variance and wait for a better spot?

Or how about here, 3k stack, raise UTG to 200 with 88, Maniac A, who’s up to 15k now, flings in 1200, are we shipping here? Or folding and waiting for a better spot?

Or here, hero has 8k, raises to 100 with JJ, gets popped to 500. Maniac A does usually snap folds to a reraise when he’s doing it with garbage, which is the majority of the time. But will almost always bomb away on the flop. Smooth call and play some poker, possibly for stacks 8k deep OOP or make it 1800?

Hand one, I’m jamming on my first buy in and folding on my last.

Hand two, if he’s really a maniac, you should never be raising UTG with a hand you would fold in this spot.

Hand three, play poker. The mistake that a maniac makes is that he bets too often and usually too big. The biggest you make the pot pre, the less of a chanc’t make you offer him to make a mistake, especially if he won’t make huge mistakes calling a 4bet.

they like being the aggressors, especially maniac A, they’re definitely not calling off any 2. For hand 1 I think he’ll fold out the garbage and the middling stuff, but prob calling any pair, any ace, all suited face cards, most offsuit face cards. Definitely going to reload.

Yea probably better if I posted them individually, eh too late

Yea, I pretty much agree with you on all 3

The 88 hand seems like a snap GII, especially if you think he raised blind, since you’re a 2:1 favorite over a random hand.

If he folds his trash to a shove and auto bets the flop when checked to, it’s possible that just calling pre and check-calling the flop is the most profitable line.

Maybe, although calling leaves an SPR of 1, meaning Hero obviously has to call off his stack regardless of the cards that come.

I def don’t think he raised blind! His reraising range is super wide but certainly narrower than his opening range.

In this case I’m pretty sure he’s committing himself pre with this sizing

Playing 50-100 eff with what i assume might not be a 50-100 bankroll its not terrible to pick up huge amounts of money uncontested. Gii pf might not always be the most exploitable strategy, but it’s still very +ev and reduces variance

1 Like

Hand 3 with JJ I flatted, flop K77 rainbow, he insta bets 1200. I call. Turn 3, I check, he checks. River 10, I check, he flings in 4 orange ($1000) chips.

So the results were: I got cold feet in hand one as it was still early on, and folded pre. Flop was QQ6, Maniac A bet 700, maniac B turbo folded, A showed K2 and berated B for being such a huge pussy.

Hand 2 I shipped, ran into KK

Hand 3 I folded to 4K river bet, he showed K6o

All the nits in this game got into easy spots and ran up stacks, argh.

Playing 3/6 LHE, table is 3-handed, villain very short-stacked

Preflop
I raise A5o (SB), Villain (BB) called.
Flop AJ7r
I check, Villain bet, I called.
Turn AJ79r
Check, check
River AJ79K
I bet, Villain raised by half a bet, hero ???

I’m getting ~11/1 but I’m thinking I’m never good here and tell him he must have K7, show the ace, and muck. Good play?

9 Likes

Wat? Why? I’d rather get punched in the dick than play that. And LHE is pretty much all I play.

Villain was in some type of karate get up w/goofy glasses and light blue hair and looked like a huge spot.

2 Likes

Well you still have to beat the rake, which is a tall order in 3/6 LHE.