Poker Hands and Strategy

Maybe minraising is a suboptimal play, but I think it’s a flaw if you’ve never even considered it.

I doubt you have because most places cap betting at four raises.

I assert without proof that there exist games where weak tight play is maximally exploitative or close to it.

I have trouble believing someone who spends so much time in forums for so long can still be that easily trolled

1 Like

Fair point, it’s 5 total so only 4 “min” raises.
That said not sure 4 vs 5 min raises would be a materially different dynamic.

Personally have seen lots of single min raises (duh) but then the 3rd raise if it comes is big and/or all in.
saw 2 min raises only once and that was a lol hand where the pot was ~20bb 5 ways to the river and after a 3rd ace hit we get the seq
Bet 1bb , fold (hero in bb with nothing), raise to 2bb, fold, button makes it 3bb, sb folds and mp sigh calls. Quads vs counterfeit bottom boat.
(This was a Sunday evening $1-2 at flamingo the weekend after labor day)

And in above I meant “3rd bet if it comes”

I am the one saying he is trolling.

Random actual hand that happened:

1/2z on Stars $470 eff

Hero opens AQcc810hh to $7 on the CO
BTN 3b to $24, hero calls.

Flop is QQ6hh, hero c, villain bets $16.xx, hero cr to $64.xx villain calls.

Turn is the Ah, the most interesting card in the deck.
Hero checks, villain bets $109, hero calls.

River is the 5h, hero checks one last time, villain shoves and hero has to snap and mhig.

3 Likes

Eh I still can’t tell if NBZ is trolling, I would like to apologize for some erratic posting this morning, been on a bit of a drinking and gambling bender lately. Not great for my health, but I’m up 17k at 2/5 this week so lolol fuck it.

4 Likes

So he’s just deciding to use his A blocker to rep aces full or queens full of aces, correct? And then he ran into the effective nuts here. Nice check calls!

Don’t get the need to get drunk to a point where you feel the need to apologize for something, but fully support crushing 2/5 thats quite a heater

Well I can get drunk and still play great poker. But I get drunk and it’s not gonna be great posting. One or two of my posts this morning were pretty out of line.

1 Like

Anyway, here’s a hand I just played, 7d5d on the button, $10 straddle, UtG makes it $40 (very good player) I call. Flop 9d 3d 2c. He bets 50, I call.

Turn 7s. He bets 150, I call.

River, 4h. He bets 300, I shove for 1400.

My biggest score was a Party Poker tourney back in the golden days. I came home from a birthday party that involved a strip club and joined a tourney. I was passing out almost every turn until the buzzer woke me up with like 10 seconds to act. I busted so many people just trying to get rid of me and went to final table with a monster stack. Still almost sleeping in between each hand rofl

This is embarrassing to admit, but I joined a site called CD poker back in the day, I ran up my $4,000 to $50,000 playing NL 2/4, then 5/10, then 10/20, then donked it all off playing online blackjack in one single night. Possibly the worst night of my life

Lolol this is great though, so much dumb stuff happened back on party poker in those days

My biggest pot was 20k, calling off a turn shove c/r with KhKd on a 10d 9d 5s 6s board. He had Jd 2d. We were going at each other every hand though, and talking shit in the chat box every single hand

Let me know if you think I am somehow trolling y’all with this hand history.

2/5 NL.

UTG is a TAG who opens to 20. I flat in MP with AKo. I sometimes 3bet and sometimes flat in this spot. I choose to just call because I think UTG has a tight range here and I’m not sure how tight. A loudmouth middle-aged white 3bets to 80. Having played with him before, his bet sizing here suggests that he does not have AA/KK. UTG flats. I had already decided that if he 4bets I was folding, but if he just calls, I was jamming for around 6-700. 3bettor decides he wants to get it in. UTG unhappily folds.

Villain turns over AKo. I am nice and show that I have the same hand. He wants to just chop it there. He pretty much begs the dealer to let us chop. Dealer informs him that she has to deal out the hand because that is how the poker room rolls and I’m fine with that. Three spades on the flop. I have the K :spades:. He does not have the A :spades:. The turn is a spade putting four to a straight flush out there and giving him two chop outs. The river is another spade, but not one of his outs. I scoop the pot. He is to disheartened to rebuy and heads out the door, returning several hours later.

Basically. Ah is a super interesting turn card. Although later at 2/5 that dude took the whale for 4k.

1 Like

Funny how your incredibly detailed reads ALWAYS lead you to the most weak passive line.

:thinking:

Hey he shoved this time because he knew it wasn’t aa/kk

1 Like